stand alone intersection sweeps

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
i wonder has anyone ever mounted intersection sweeps in some clear dome beacons or any thing to have the sweeps on their modern led setups? i know whelen has the sweep function added to their new remote spot light system called argius (probibly spelled it wrong lol) but i really cant see spending over a grand per light just to get the sweep lights there are LED sweeps out there but they are also very expencive and not available in canada (dont know about the us) ide love to figure out how to get the classic sweeps in some clear non optic domes in a beacon form any ideas or some leads on a couple of cutted clear beacons to test this would be great

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
Intersection sweeps were always my favorite thing for frontal warning. Very effective. That and corner strobes in clear in the front corners of the headlights.

I do wish LED bars used halogen sweeps ....best of two worlds.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Intersection sweeps were always my favorite thing for frontal warning. Very effective. That and corner strobes in clear in the front corners of the headlights.

I do wish LED bars used halogen sweeps ....best of two worlds.
I agree intersection sweeps should make a comeback but my guess is most manufacturers want no moving parts for more reliability thats just a thought though I dont mind adding sweeps if they are stand alone but sadly the only option is the whelen Argus lights that are over a grand each (way too much for a single remote spot light)

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Travis is a member here... He actually got that Idea from me when I mounted some Feniex Apollos to a set of MX sweeps...

at about 32 second is the Sweeps...

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Travis is a member here... He actually got that Idea from me when I mounted some Feniex Apollos to a set of MX sweeps...

at about 32 second is the Sweeps...
I really like that idea im sure the mx sweeps aren't that expensive to buy to do this type of mod I do currently have a liberty so I'm looking for an external idea for sweeps without sacrificing my front corner modules (I use the cruis lights alot)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.