Star SVP ULB9E

MtnMan

Does anyone know about the relatively new Star ULB9E? Looks great for truck rear windows, and the price is right at the one dealer I found listing it.

My only concern is that the product bulletin describes it as having "mid power" LEDs, and the rated current draw is less than the ULB9S (which has fewer LEDs). Is the ULB9E a stripped-down "economy" product, like the Whelen TIR8 dash light?

pdk9

Veteran Member
Does anyone know about the relatively new Star ULB9E? Looks great for truck rear windows, and the price is right at the one dealer I found listing it.

My only concern is that the product bulletin describes it as having "mid power" LEDs, and the rated current draw is less than the ULB9S (which has fewer LEDs). Is the ULB9E a stripped-down "economy" product, like the Whelen TIR8 dash light?
What application is it being used for (i.e. Courtesy dash light, rear deck light, side window, etc)?? If using for front windshield, I would go with a linear optic.

I'm not a huge fan of the mini phantom series b/c they're small (with a small footprint) and I don't find them particularly bright. If you throw out a budget #, a lot of us here will be glad to throw some alternative recommendations your way.

22Engine

thanks im just looking for a dash light blue to get to the station dont have to far to go but i gotta get down a state road i have 2 vehicles so i need 2

Frooom

Just installed two of these (the 9E which is hardwire and syncable, the other is not) in my 4runner. These are excellent, come with a lot of mounting accessories for the price, and throw a lot of light. The ratcheting mount is a neat idea for getting a nice tight fit to a window. In my case, I used the flashshield and shield mounts, since it allowed me to finally get something mounted (the 4runner has an impossible, almost HMMWV-like windshield angle). These have an impressive punch, and off-axis is actually decent.

Frooom

Couldn't help myself:

They are in split mode instead of single mode (where they would flash as one solid light). They have a lot of punch and off axis for what they are. This is right up tight to the headliner in a 2014 4runner limited. Couldn't use the ratcheting mount system that's really cool, but I was able to use the flashshield and fixed mount combo. It also comes with suction cups, so 3 different mounting options.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eeeaddict
Top Bottom