Station 3s ride POV "bonus me doing donuts lol"

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Texas POV response to a vehicle roll over.:

This video was filmed today and serves as good training as to WHAT NOT TO DO for the first units on scene. TX DPS did not properly do traffic control at a bad wreck 1 vehicle roll over with extrication and 1 fatality. All the Law enforcement vehicles 5 of them were all bunched up in a ball at the scene instead of slowing down traffic at the curve near the scene. We only had 2 units on scene busy with extrication at the time. When I am arriving on location traffic is at a stand still due to one lane being shut down,and a semi slows down and a distracted driver in a white ford side swipes the semi then crashes into a van 100 yards behind my POV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mrlunchbox

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Donuts on dry pavement! Prove it can do it!

Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 20, 2010
Mission, Texas RGV
Hey Garza so do you guys still have the old response policy in place? I was responding to a double homicide last month and DPS pulled me over thinking it was one of you guys. I was in the County Unit F150.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Hey Garza so do you guys still have the old response policy in place? I was responding to a double homicide last month and DPS pulled me over thinking it was one of you guys. I was in the County Unit F150.
We don't have a response policy DPS still is trying to figure out what we are and what volunteer firefighters do...... I have been pulled over and followed by TXDPS including USBP so many times I had to make magnetic decals in huge 3 foot letters that say FIRE DEPARTMENT so these idiots can stop pulling me over.... well they try to pull me over I don't until I get to the scene or the station. Then they try to educate me and shut them up with the TX transportation code.

I hope that they are just not so ignorant and stupid that they don't grasp the concept of a volunteer firefighter and just have some BOLO out for pick up truck that are un marked with red and blues..... I hope

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mrlunchbox

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Did you have crash attenuators on the rear of your truck?

Storm82

Dec 16, 2014
Ludlow Falls, Ohio
We don't have a response policy DPS still is trying to figure out what we are and what volunteer firefighters do...... I have been pulled over and followed by TXDPS including USBP so many times I had to make magnetic decals in huge 3 foot letters that say FIRE DEPARTMENT so these idiots can stop pulling me over.... well they try to pull me over I don't until I get to the scene or the station. Then they try to educate me and shut them up with the TX transportation code.

I hope that they are just not so ignorant and stupid that they don't grasp the concept of a volunteer firefighter and just have some BOLO out for pick up truck that are un marked with red and blues..... I hope
Does TX not have specialty plates for this?

Up here VFF can provide a signed letter from the Chief on Dept letter head paper, stating that VFF is an active member in good standing, and get a special plate, that has FD and a Maltese Cross on the plate.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Tx does allow plates for vollies and certified ff but I never got them since I'm also a Constable and use it for work sometimes and thought it would confuse people to see a firefighter vehicle pulling them over. But if this continues I might get the plates.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Texas POV response to a vehicle roll over.: http://youtu.be/Ag34ulvsWck

This video was filmed today and serves as good training as to WHAT NOT TO DO for the first units on scene. TX DPS did not properly do traffic control at a bad wreck 1 vehicle roll over with extrication and 1 fatality. All the Law enforcement vehicles 5 of them were all bunched up in a ball at the scene instead of slowing down traffic at the curve near the scene. We only had 2 units on scene busy with extrication at the time. When I am arriving on location traffic is at a stand still due to one lane being shut down,and a semi slows down and a distracted driver in a white ford side swipes the semi then crashes into a van 100 yards behind my POV.
It's scary how dangerous it is to work MVAs on the highway! My dept won't let units get on the interstate or turnpike for a call without having 2 engines dispatched (both are blocking units) even if manpower isn't needed on scene. I won't even stop to change a tire on the side of the highway in FL b/c of how many people have been killed/nearly-killed doing so by distracted, dumb, or old drivers. If I was still a vollie, I wouldn't ever respond to calls on the highway in my POV b/c I'd be operating under the expectation that it would be hit (leaving me and my wallet screwed) and b/c I'd rather show up a few min later with a 20+ ton road block (any type of suppression apparatus)

We're very fortunate to have State Farm Road Rangers in Florida b/c their trucks act as additional blocking units, their drivers set up cones (basically like fire police would), & they also help us move the vehicles onto the shoulder. They always beat highway patrol to the scene, and they free up the engines from being tied up/having to wait on scene for highway patrol and flatbeds to show up

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.