Stealth Full size bar Video Added

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Not much to say currently as I haven't taken it out of the truck to play with yet.

Its got 4 rotators on the top,  with diamond mirrors between them.   Takedowns, flashers, alleys and some other lights on the lower level..   Its got what appear to be strobes on the ends.

You could just rename this thread trolling tsquale.. :)

I don't know what works and what does not.    This also means figuring out what wires do what..

Optimized-20151003_150747.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
You could just rename this thread trolling tsquale.. :)

If you REALLY wanted to troll tsquale, you could sell the light to me for just a small profit, instead of to him! :D

Reactions: JennyCop

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
MOFU.. I wanted one of these before Tsquale did! WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I started to play with it a little bit.

Bar has 5 rotators up top,  on the upper level.

lower level gets interesting.   2 front facing strobes (j tubes) and 4 front facing lamps 2 center flash and 2 outer act like takedowns.

facing rear are 2 inner ambers that flash (well they will once I replace a missing bulb).   and 2 outer lamps that don't flash.

I am thinking about taking a blue filter off the rear lower lamp and putting it up top on the center rotator.  

so far my testing has shown everything works..  except for the strobes,  however I realized that there are 2 power leads coming into this bar..  the one for the strobes was cut short.   so I will be testing those soon enough.

Ok pics.

1st upper section with dome off.

Optimized-20151004_110833.jpg

Next lower section

Optimized-20151004_111553.jpg

And lastly lower section with a close up on the strobe power leads

Optimized-20151004_111614.jpg

Jun 18, 2013
PA
where the heck did you find that beauty

On a golf cart

seriously...

Ok so the Strobe assembilies may or may not work.. no idea   there is no powersupply on the bar for them.. so I am not gonna just hook up 12v randomly to wires and watch it smoke..  lol

Jun 18, 2013
PA

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
That looks like an awesome project. I'd switch the flashers and the strobes so there's kind of a "piercer" sort of effect. Good luck finding more filters!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
a couple of things to add.. this bar is very light..   actually I believe the wiring harness may weigh more.  

It reminds me alot of the MX series bars with the vented deck..  the upper and lower dome essentially just clamshell into each other with the feet mounts connected to the lower dome.    

I am hoping to get some video soon...  schedule permitting of course.

Rob

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
I started to play with it a little bit.

Bar has 5 rotators up top,  on the upper level.

lower level gets interesting.   2 front facing strobes (j tubes) and 4 front facing lamps 2 center flash and 2 outer act like takedowns.

facing rear are 2 inner ambers that flash (well they will once I replace a missing bulb).   and 2 outer lamps that don't flash.

I'm glad to hear it's got the 5 rotators up top as that's how I remember they were advertised and I was surprised when you said only four.

I did not know strobes was an option with the Stealth and other bars by Creative/New Tech, but the filters/reflectors are all correct from what I can see. What an awesome find.

Oh, and that's a helluva bar to have been on a freaking golf cart! lol

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Alright,  the weather has relented.. woohoo and I had some time to get some pictures and video.

As I mentioned I moved some filters around and did pretty good with what I had.   My switchbox is flaking out on me in my video time for a new one... it served me well. 

Pictures below. 

Video ------->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypETZ6xmg-M

Video shows front, rear and off axis..

Front

Optimized-IMG_0484.JPG

Optimized-IMG_0485.JPG

Rear

Optimized-IMG_0486.JPG

Side shot

Optimized-IMG_0487.JPG

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Wow, I never thought anybody would ever actually find one of these in working condition let alone take an awesome video of it. This thing is great, I can't wait until you get the strobes working.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
your neighbors were watching through the window...

Reactions: kitn1mcc

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Wow.. Splendid example preserved !!

any chance u have a pic of it on the golf cart?...

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Wow.. Splendid example preserved !!

any chance u have a pic of it on the golf cart?...

unfortunately I do not..  the golf cart was sold..  and this was taken off it.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Never been a big fan of these but I have to admit its a great find. Pretty cool in action too! 

I too am now curious who copied who.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Never been a big fan of these but I have to admit its a great find. Pretty cool in action too! 
It appears Creative Technologies was a follow-on to New Technologies. Creative marketed the full-size Stealth, a Mini Stealth, 22-inch Lightforce, and 22-inch Lightstorm in the early 90s. Code 3/PSE patented the MX-7000 design in 1989, receiving the patent in 1992. I was not able to find Creative's patent for the Stealth, but they trademarked the Stealth name in 1991. That suggests the MX-7000 came first. although Code 3 didn't trademark "MX-7000" until 1998. Both bars are virtual contemporaries, however, but Creative was done within a couple years.

New Tech had trademarked the Lightstorm logotype in 1987 but the Lightstorm was only single level at the time.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
It appears Creative Technologies was a follow-on to New Technologies. Creative marketed the full-size Stealth, a Mini Stealth, 22-inch Lightforce, and 22-inch Lightstorm in the early 90s. Code 3/PSE patented the MX-7000 design in 1989, receiving the patent in 1992. I was not able to find Creative's patent for the Stealth, but they trademarked the Stealth name in 1991. That suggests the MX-7000 came first. although Code 3 didn't trademark "MX-7000" until 1998. Both bars are virtual contemporaries, however, but Creative was done within a couple years.

New Tech had trademarked the Lightstorm logotype in 1987 but the Lightstorm was only single level at the time.

This is great information, but I have never seen a Lightstorm in "dual level" form? At the time of obtaining mine, I only knew of 3 examples and they were all pretty much the same. The bars and literature that have surfaced since also show the same layout for the most part, but no additional level of lighting, per-say. The Trailblazer off road bar that they seem to have marketed prior to all of their warning lights DID have the option for rotators in the bar, but no additional levels of lighting either. My Trailblazer doesn't have any rotators unfortunately.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
This is great information, but I have never seen a Lightstorm in "dual level" form? At the time of obtaining mine, I only knew of 3 examples and they were all pretty much the same. The bars and literature that have surfaced since also show the same layout for the most part, but no additional level of lighting, per-say. The Trailblazer off road bar that they seem to have marketed prior to all of their warning lights DID have the option for rotators in the bar, but no additional levels of lighting either. My Trailblazer doesn't have any rotators unfortunately.

The 22-inch "baby" Lightstorm was a two-level bar, though with a platform design that rose from the mount holes in the base rather than a between shells deck like the Storm, Mini-Storm, and 22-inch Lightforce. I can't remember if there was a full-size Lightforce.

image.jpg.0d9ddbaa63c5b917190940914023cc94.jpg

image.jpg.bcb3dfd720ba16ff85046f77c6a148bf.jpg

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Oh, I see it now! Tonys mini lightstorm just has rotators in it I thought, and thats the only one I've seen. I had saved these pictures from that thread but never got to look that close! Good eye!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So casting thread resurrection

Rare bar..    What's it worth?

Rarity does not always equate value..    but since I cannot locate anything to compare it with I need to start somewhere.

Thanks,

Rob

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.