Stingray 1st Gen diagnosis ?

Jeep YJ Dude

Dec 30, 2019
Illinois
I have a couple first gen Stingray modules. Verified they do not operate with known good modules. I am unable to locate online any schematics or troubleshooting data to a components level. Any members on list have any documents to share so I can try and repair my modules ? Thanks. Dave

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
... Verified they do not operate with known good modules. ...
I guess they are just spinning and not starting to oscillate, correct?

First you have to make sure that the rotator is grounded, and the small pin on the gear wheel is still in place. Also the sliding contacts should not be bent and should fit neatly on the gear.

Otherwise, the controller will not be able to correctly detect the turning points!

Jeep YJ Dude

Dec 30, 2019
Illinois

First you have to make sure that the rotator is grounded, and the small pin on the gear wheel is still in place. Also the sliding contacts should not be bent and should fit neatly on the gear.

Otherwise, the controller will not be able to correctly detect the turning points!

We are way past that. I have verified the rotators are operating correctly with known good brain modules. . I have two brain modules that are not operating. I need to locate schematics to diagnose to a component level on the boards.

Jeep YJ Dude

Dec 30, 2019
Illinois

Attachments

• 20211002_092825.jpg
    20211002_092825.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211009_163956.jpg
    20211009_163956.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 7

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
We are way past that. I have verified the rotators are operating correctly with known good brain modules. I have two brain modules that are not operating. ...
Ah, all right!
I also have a controller that doesn't work properly - and I'm also looking for the cause of the error.
... I need to locate schematics to diagnose to a component level on the boards.

You can find a schematic of the circuit in the patent - https://patents.google.com/patent/US4701743
Unfortunately, without a list of the components used, but with a detailed description of how the circuit works.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.