STL G4 Grill Lights

CMS7

May 23, 2010
Hallstead, PA
Before you all crucify me for buying these as I did this before I found this board... Here's my problem... I had these laying around so I decided to put them in the lower grill of my 09 Malibu.. Worked and looked great. Now I have no lights, flip on my switch on my dash and my dash light turns on but not the grill lights. I'm assuming the power supply has crapped like it did before. These are way out of warranty so thats not an option. The lights are two wire lights so would it be possible to connect these to a flasher of some sort and work? I realize its kind of vague but any help would be appreciated..

CMS7

May 23, 2010
Hallstead, PA
How would I be able to check for that? The lightheads are two wire.. assuming a positive and negative. Connect a head to a 12v source and see if it lights?

witt455

May 22, 2010
Central Missouri
I had a friend, who had purchased some G4's and had the same problem. He cooked two of their flashers. I hooked the lightheads to a sho-me flasher and they did in fact work. However, hooking up two lights per channel and having the flasher set to random, the flasher got really hot. Also, after about fifteen minutes of bench testing, individual leds in the lightheads started to fail. Good luck.

CMS7

May 23, 2010
Hallstead, PA
Hmmm... thanks for the heads up... I know I'm going to end up buying pimp pods or whelens eventually, just thought I could get my use out of these... thank goodness for elb... won't ever buy cheap crap lights again!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.