STL Light Flicker using Feniex Module

john2earrh

Jan 31, 2021
Maryland
I have STL brand floodlights connected to Feniex control modules. When I press the assigned button to activate constant burn flood mode, the lights will flicker 4 times very fast before going into constant burn.

Has anyone else ever had this problem with Feniex brand control modules? I'd like to make it so when I hit the assigned button it goes right to constant burn with no flickering.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
What control module are you using? I am not very familiar with Finiex stuff but it makes me think of a break light unit that will pulse before steady.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
What is the amperage draw of the flood light?

Reactions: Dave F
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
What I said above is exactly what is happening. It has a pattern that gives the quick pulse flashes before staying solid. What made you chose a multi mode flasher for a flood light?

john2earrh

Jan 31, 2021
Maryland
What I said above is exactly what is happening. It has a pattern that gives the quick pulse flashes before staying solid. What made you chose a multi mode flasher for a flood light?
My goal was to hit one button on my Feniex controller and get flood mode while hitting another button on my Feniex controller to use the same light for a flashing pattern.

Should I have used a different type of Feniex control module?

john2earrh

Jan 31, 2021
Maryland
So my light and siren set up looks like this: I'm using STL dual carbine floodlights for all my lighting. I have the Feniex 100W siren system. I can hook up my floodlights to the siren system and get the desired immediate burn mode, however, the guy who hooks up my lights who hooks up emergency vehicle lights for a living told me I would need a separate module if I wanted to make my floodlights also perform flashing patterns, so I purchased the Feniex H-2220 flasher module so they could perform this function as well.

After cycling through all of the modes to find the desired burn mode the closest we could find is the mode they are currently assigned to which causes a 3 to 4 Flickr pattern before going into burn mode.

My goal is to make them perform the same immediate burn mode with an assigned button press while performing a flashing pattern mode with a different button press on the controller.

Is there a way to achieve that constant flood burn mode like they would do being hooked up to the Feniex 100W Siren controller while still being able to perform a flashing pattern?

squints

Feb 4, 2019
Omaha, NE
There is no designated steady burn on the H-2220, the pattern you have it set to is the closest you'll get using it.
Snag_6a95493.png

You could switch to the Whelen ULF44 Flasher which does have a designated steady burn
Snag_6a98db4.png

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
shoulda used a heaqdlight flasher?

john2earrh

Jan 31, 2021
Maryland
I spoke with my installation guy and it turns out he understands how the diode system works but he did not think of that when he performed the installation, so we are going to go ahead and go with that option.

I want to thank all of you for contributing to this thread and coming up with the solution for my issue. I was really bummed when we hit this roadblock over the weekend and it's good to know that there is a solution.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.