storm pro 200W tones problem.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
Siren will run ecto and bad boys and verbal commands through the speaker but nothing else.
All other tones can be heard from the unit itself but NOT through the speaker same for the P/A

Installation is pretty straight foward so I don't know what I am missing here .
Any pointers will be appreciated .

thank you

search

Apr 25, 2011
Lancaster, PA
I'm pretty sure I ran into the same problem. Try hooking your speaker to the other output. Didn't make any sense to me but it worked then....

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
The siren needs 2 speakers one fir the warning tones and the other for "play toys" I believe that's in the instructions

Reactions: Tony P

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
going to give it a try on the other speaker channel but my understanding is that you can still can run only one speaker and program the tones you want on it .

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
You can run 2 speakers, one on each channel, and program each one to the tones you want. Each speaker channel has 6 corresponding inputs to which you can program each input to have a different tone. The reason you hear the Bad Boys, Ecto, and Verbal commands and not the rest of your tones is because those tones are played across both speaker channels, where the rest of the tones are only played across their own speaker channel.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
thank you buddek09 that makes sense and it,s actualy totaly fine with this as the ecto and badboys were never intended to be run at full volume anyways only the air horn.
I changed the speaker channel to the second one and everything works...half the time.... Ecto will run for less than 5 sec same as bad boy then become really faint. turn off/on the unit a few times and everything is back to normal.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
You're welcome.

That's weird, it sounds like you might have a problem with your Storm Pro. I would call Tom at Feniex Tech Support, extension 202 and talk to him about the issue. It sounds like their might be a problem with your Storm Pro. The rest of the tones might work but the issue with those two might point towards a potential failure in the future.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Do you have an original release of this updated Storm pro. I ran into the same problem last year, when the updated storm pro was originally released, the speaker outputs were labeled backwards. Speaker 1 was speaker 2 and 2 was 1. They advised they were going to correct it on the next run of labels. Not sure if they did or not, but that's one of the problems.

As for the other problem, I'm not totally sure.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
called them today and gotta say their customer service is great . Spoke to Ryan and he told me to test the speaker ohm resistance before going any further. I'm using a used cyclone that I got from a parts car ,wich was working fine before so we will see.

thanks for your imput gents

Sounds like you got it figured out. I just thought I'd address the PA issue directly for other members searching for the answer to the same problem.

On the 200W the PA audio will only work on one of the output channels. This is because the PA function is limited to 100W max. I'm not sure but I believe this applies to radio rebroadcast feature as well.

If I had to guess as to the reason for the single channel limit it would be that at 200W all you'd get is feedback from the PA

Ps.

Ryan is good people. I've spoken with him a few times.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.