Strap Kit for 1991 F150?

d119

May 26, 2010
CA - Land of Steady Red
I know I'm asking for a stretch here, but does anyone have any old Whelen documentation indicating which strap kit is correct for mounting a 52" EDGE on a 1991 F150?

I know it is a gutter mount kit, I just wonder if anyone has a drawing number or part number for the kit or individual straps.

Thanks!

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Although the supporting evidence has dried up, the facts remain:

The drawing number for the straps is 60911. The kit is known as the MKEZ6. See here:
I used a STPKT6 to mount a 60" Liberty to my 1997 F350. The straps are pretty long, but they're probably not long enough to a bar that's a foot shorter than Whelen recommended for that application.

Look here: https://elightbars-internal-data.s3...1/103114_b5cfecca227c4752ab872777917fc098.jpg

Catalog scan credit: John Marcson
Source: https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/vintage-catalogs-whelen.71027/

The drawing number stamped into my STPKT6 straps is 60911.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the straps themselves, but I feel like you may be disappointed with how far from the curved portion of the roof the feet land.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
What exactly do you mean? I suppose I should run a "test fit" this weekend.

The strongest part of the roof is where the sheet metal curves from being horizontal on top of the cab to vertical above the doors or windows. This is likely why the various lightbar manufacturers specify in their installation instructions that the rubber pads on the mounting feet should contact the curved portion of the roof.

I believe somewhere I have an excerpt from an old Code 3 manual that illustrates this succinctly. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.