Streamlight Lantern

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Streamlight lantern? What is with the dual-filament bulb? (Three wires going to it, that may sense the resistance.) I want to replace it with a regular sealed beam I have.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Streamlight built models that had dual filament bulbs so that when one filament blew, the switch could be flipped and the other filament would light up. It was a failsafe.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
So their circuitry feeds one filament, then the other if the first one burns out? I put a DVM on each of the (I assume to be) positive leads (grey and black) going to the lamp. Both read 0V. I am assuming the green wire is negative.

I don't think there is a spot & flood pattern - there is only an on/off switch.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
No, I thought the switch was dual throw but it's been so long since I researched it, I'll have to try and look for the info.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Any help is appreciated.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.