Street Hawk designation

fyrboy

May 24, 2010
NC
Can anyone tell me the meaning of the letters in a Street Hawk Model SGCK? Looks as if all Street Hawk models begin with "S." I'm guessing the "C" means "CrossFire" since it has one. Amber lights at front & rear corners. Clear lights at each end. Need some expert education on the "G" & "K." This model has a speaker housing but no speaker. Thanks.

fyrboy

May 24, 2010
NC
The model designation is on the outside of the grill cover, so maybe I need to look inside for another designation. Thanks, Eric.

IMG_6560.JPG[/attachment:21a6vg76]

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
federal offered a conversion kit so users could change the length of the lightbar. you probably have a grill that came out of one of these kits.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
This is my restored Streethawk with a center Meteor TCL(I still have to polish the center dome). I know that this isn't a crossfire, but it's about as close as it could get. I'd really like to see the crossfire in your bar. This bar also features intersection lights, which are also amazing. Yes, it's currently being used as a table, I plan to install this on my wall once I get it repainted and repaired. The aerodynic is permanently up there, though. It's a great center piece.

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_IMG_0390.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Can't say I like a red base, but those aren't common at all. Not bad.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
HillRock said:
Nice SteetHawk, I would love to see those intersection lights in action, as I have never seen them on a streethawk. Any videos?
-this is before I got new outer domes, changed the rear flash pattern, and fixed the passenger side's slightly downward-facing intersection light. The picture above is what it is now.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Eric, those 2 FireHawks are beautiful!

I've never seen X-tra long red and white bases as clean as yours. Nice job!

You just need to post a video now... ;)

luckyducky

May 22, 2010
NorCal
toon80 said:
Eric, those 2 FireHawks are beautiful!
I've never seen X-tra long red and white bases as clean as yours. Nice job!

You just need to post a video now... ;)

Eric for some reason doesn't like to light up his lights, their just for fedsig history. I don't know why either. :) He probably doesn't like to mess up the sync on his forward facing rotors or something. LOL :lol: JK eric

I synced my MX7K rotors forward, and I don't want to touch them. :lol:

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
luckyducky said:
Eric for some reason doesn't like to light up his lights, their just for fedsig history. I don't know why either. :) He probably doesn't like to mess up the sync on his forward facing rotors or something. LOL :lol: JK eric

I synced my MX7K rotors forward, and I don't want to touch them. :lol:
i usually never power any up, as i am familiar with their operation.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
ERIC6913 said:
ok, how bout white?

Also, sadly, I don't like white. It's a large part of why I loathe Tomar lightbars. I wish I liked it, but I just don't. Still a very nice bar, in great condition.

My preference is for a black base or frame (on all lightbars, regardless of type), with certain situations warranting a dull-polished chrome. Or you could just design the lightbar without a visible frame at all (Aerodynic, Jetstream, XL5000), or hide the frame behind extra lights (Excalibur, MX7000, Vista)

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
nerdly_dood said:
Also, sadly, I don't like white. It's a large part of why I loathe Tomar lightbars. I wish I liked it, but I just don't. Still a very nice bar, in great condition.

My preference is for a black base or frame (on all lightbars, regardless of type), with certain situations warranting a dull-polished chrome. Or you could just design the lightbar without a visible frame at all (Aerodynic, Jetstream, XL5000), or hide the frame behind extra lights (Excalibur, MX7000, Vista)[/quote:7ueoewqb]

ok, ok! how bout these black ones then! you're a hard one to please

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_strobehawk.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_streethawks1.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_streethawk2.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_streethawk.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
ERIC6913 said:
ok, ok! how bout these black ones then! you're a hard one to please

[blue strobehawk]

[Red/blue Streethawk with LED directional bar]

[Green/amber Streethawk]

[Red Streethawk with center sign][/quote:35pu71gc]

Love the Strobehawk and the green/amber one. Looks kinda like the Strobehawk has a pair of 2-step cascade mirrors...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.