Streethawk question

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I was going to ask Pete this question, but figured I would post it here, is there any difference in the wiring cable between a regular all light streethawk and a streethawk that is what I would call a wrecker style bar??

Reason why I ask is because I have a set of the STT lights for one (one is missing the grounding wire), along with an all amber all light streethawk and want to make it as a tow truck bar, or would it be to much as a pain to make it a tow truck bar??

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
The harness of the all light Hawk is supposed to have your extra 3 wires to do the STT lights.
One each for right turn/brake, left turn/brake and tail. They ran an extra wire inside the bar to connect the tail lights.

Last edited:
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
The harness of the all light Hawk is supposed to have your extra 3 wires to do the STT lights.
One each for right turn, left turn and brake. They ran an extra wire inside the bar to connect the 2 brake lights.

Would the extra wires be the black with white line, red with white line and gray wire by chance??

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding . . . . . . . . . . . . . We have a winner :D

According to my Fed. Sig. paperwork the:
Gray is for tail light.
Black w/white line is left turn.
Red w/white line is right turn.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.