Streethawk Question

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
I worked as a mall ninja many years ago. Our security truck had a brand new Streethawk "all light" on top.

My question is that on this bar it had a center sweep light. It was very effective. It isn't the kind that made a short cycle up/down left/right.

This one was a long wide sweep left and right only. Very effective. Is this a traffic clearing light? Dynaray?

I need to know the difference and what it's called so I can search for it. Thanks guys.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
If my memory serves me correct, you want a TCL (Traffic Clearing Light) for the center to wiggle up down left right. The Dynaray was the left/right sweep

CatBacker88

Jun 13, 2013
Kansas
I may have the names wrong but I believe those 90 degree oscillating lights were designated "DynaRays". One or two can be placed in the center bay and they came in a fast and slow versions, adjustable for a left, center or right arc. They were mounted in any position a rotator could be mounted. Intersection sweeps were in addition to rotators and they used a two-piece bracket completely different in design. They came as a pair, one left and one right, and mounted forward of the outboard rotators in the left and right bays. Their reflectors were quite a bit smaller as well. A StreetHawk with usual five rotators as well as a pair of sweeps and four lower flashers ablaze is quite a tribune to halogen lamps!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.