Strobes N More brand products using new diodes

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Since we are almost completely switched over to our new Next Generation™ LED as we are calling them are a brand new 3 watt diode that offer us almost twice the light output as our previous LEDs.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Strobesnmore said:
Since we are almost completely switched over to our new Next Generation™ LED as we are calling them are a brand new 3 watt diode that offer us almost twice the light output as our previous LEDs.

They may offer increased output, but is that capability being utilized? Lots of companies use 3 watt LEDs, but only drive them at 1 watt...while it does add to it's lifetime, it's not any brighter than other lights on the market.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Very true which is why we developed the term Next Generation LED™ since wattage and generation are all very loosely used terms. We are driving them to their max output taking into consideration all the factors which reduce output such as heat buildup, etc... I can guarantee you they are much brighter than our initial series. LEDs have come a long way in 3 months let alone 3 years since we've made a change.

JPBC4

Apr 7, 2012
NJ
Strobesnmore said:

So just to clarify, all the SNM products on your site that say Next generation are the new LEDs? This include the E44? I just got my car tinted 5% and i currently have the two E44 on rear deck and punches through tint pretty good. But if you say they new diodes are that much better i may sell current ones and upgrade to new diode.

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
damn and just when I think I'm done buying lights!!!! lol JK a whacker is never done with his light addiction! I'll have to get some tir4 or 6 from ya'll soon

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Strobesnmore said:

You have the term "Next Generation LED" trademarked? Really? Isn't trademarking a 2-3 year process?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I'm not really sure why the name of the LED company is a huge deal. I think SNM's track record of lighting products has proven to be reliable. I know it will never satisfy Jared and his anti foreign made policy but there are some decent made products that are not Star/SVP, SOS, FedSig, Feniex, or Whelen

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
ad0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com_2010_09_peter_griffin_grinds_my_9e7b6015c81716d330f1738357f76571.jpg

Louis, you use the term "Next Generation™ LED" and all I think of is the placebo effect. Look at all the interest you've generated by doing nothing but throwing out a fancy name. For all we REALLY know, the products may be exactly the same.

I'm not knocking your products. I don't personally own any, but I've heard nothing but good things about your products and your company. But, from a person who does technical bid evaluations for a living I would be hard pressed to make a purchase decision based on a name (a reputation, yes - a name, no).

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
vonirkinshtine said:
ad0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com_2010_09_peter_griffin_grinds_my_9e7b6015c81716d330f1738357f76571.jpg

Louis, you use the term "Next Generation™ LED" and all I think of is the placebo effect. Look at all the interest you've generated by doing nothing but throwing out a fancy name. For all we REALLY know, the products may be exactly the same.

I'm not knocking your products. I don't personally own any, but I've heard nothing but good things about your products and your company. But, from a person who does technical bid evaluations for a living I would be hard pressed to make a purchase decision based on a name (a reputation, yes - a name, no).

Definition-The Placebo Effect

I understand what you're saying, but your terminology is a bit off. I personally don't mind when someone releases something in this manner...look at the threads generated by 3 second animated teasers from Feniex!

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
EMT-BLS said:
Definition-The Placebo Effect
I understand what you're saying, but your terminology is a bit off. I personally don't mind when someone releases something in this manner...look at the threads generated by 3 second animated teasers from Feniex!

I suppose I deserved that, lol. I was merely trying to say that everyone will agree that it's better just because someone said it's better.

Kinda like this...

dieselbear09

Jul 19, 2010
Florida
I just ordered an E66, should be here tomorrow. Apparently they don't have the new LED's yet. Kinda bummed. Even without I'm sure this thing is gonna be crazy bright.

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
dieselbear09 said:
I just ordered an E66, should be here tomorrow. Apparently they don't have the new LED's yet. Kinda bummed. Even without I'm sure this thing is gonna be crazy bright.

My "Next Generation" ;) E4's should be here tomorrow. I'll do a side by side comparison of the older style with this newer style on my LP Bracket and post it up. I can imagine this is going to cost me a few bucks replacing my existing SNM lighting with the newer stuff.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Pyron said:
My "Next Generation" ;) E4's should be here tomorrow. I'll do a side by side comparison of the older style with this newer style on my LP Bracket and post it up. I can imagine this is going to cost me a few bucks replacing my existing SNM lighting with the newer stuff.

Going to change your lights already?

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Pyron said:

I received my new E4's today and promptly installed one of them on my License Plate Bracket right next to the old E4 to shoot a comparison video for you guys. Well, after installing one of them and seeing that they were EXACTLY the same, I swapped that one out for the other one I received. EXACTLY the same.

When I placed my order I specifically asked for the new "Next Generation" lights so that there would be no question about what I wanted. Even after that, it's entirely possible that someone just goofed up, so I called and talked to Kyle, who was pretty helpful. He assured me that the lights I received were the new modules as they had a black line on the box that they use to differentiate the old ones from the newer modules. Both of my boxes had this black line.

Kyle asked for a day or so to check into the situation with Louis and make sure I indeed received the right product. I did take a video, but I don't want to post it here until I know for sure that this is the new product. If it is the new product, I'm really disappointed and by no means is it twice as bright. I would also have no use for it.

I've been waiting all week to get these in... like a little kid. I just hope that they are the wrong product. I'll keep you posted.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
I just wanted to post that we are looking into this and will get back to you hopefully today. We are speaking with the manufacturer to be sure there was not an issue on the shipment or the newer diodes.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Just left you a message but I was able to verify with the manufacturer that the past 2 shipments were correct so if you had the markings on the box that was the first shipment and they should be right. If you are dissatisfied at all we will take them back to confirm and do whatever you prefer to keep you happy. I left you my desk extension but will get your message on my phone so I can call you back if I miss you. I can tell you that some of the smaller lights such as the E3 and E4s are a bit harder to notice whereas the E6s and sticks are much easier to see with the naked eye. Louis

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jamey@NNE said:
You should be able to notice twice the output though?

Do you have meter readings to back this twice the brightness claims?

even if twice brightness is not 100 percent true, I'm sure SNM's reputation as pretty much substantiated the fact that the leds will be significantly brigther if that is indeed what they are claiming.

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
FEVER said:
even if twice brightness is not 100 percent true, I'm sure SNM's reputation as pretty much substantiated the fact that the leds will be significantly brigther if that is indeed what they are claiming.

Agreed. I've been happy with the products from SNM and am glad to have their staff be so responsive to my issue. I have yet to speak with Louis directly about this, but if these are the new lights then I'll probably return them and not replace the rest of the lights in my vehicle with the new ones. I promised myself that I wouldn't purchase the newer lights without seeing a video of them first. I did it anyway and was disappointed. While the lights are bright already and I didn't really expect "twice" as bright, I did expect a noticeable difference. For reference, here's the video I took about 7 minutes after I grabbed the new lights off the porch (Yeah, I was pretty pumped). The new one is on the right.

While I'm disappointed in this product, it won't prevent me from continuing to purchase SNM products in the future (I might just wait for the video next time though).

Q2bman

Jan 27, 2012
USA oklahoma
Maybe it's video trickery but the new one doesn't seem as bright! Weird. I can say I received a new "next generation" e66 and noticed a bit more intensity.

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Q2bman said:
Maybe it's video trickery but the new one doesn't seem as bright! Weird. I can say I received a new "next generation" e66 and noticed a bit more intensity.

No, I think they look exactly the same. You'd think that a 3 watt diode would have a noticeable difference between a 1 watt diode, even to the naked eye, which is why I still think the vendor is jacking. If there's a noticeable difference between the two E6 lights, then I would assume that you'd notice a difference in the E4 too. I'm sure we'll figure it out in the long run. Louis and SNM haven't steered me wrong yet; I don't expect them to now.

JPBC4

Apr 7, 2012
NJ
Pyron said:
No, I think they look exactly the same. You'd think that a 3 watt diode would have a noticeable difference between a 1 watt diode, even to the naked eye, which is why I still think the vendor is jacking. If there's a noticeable difference between the two E6 lights, then I would assume that you'd notice a difference in the E4 too. I'm sure we'll figure it out in the long run. Louis and SNM haven't steered me wrong yet; I don't expect them to now.
Any updates?

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
I believe they were sent back and swapped out but that was handled by the guys in the receiving dept. The E6 and sticks are much more noticeable to the naked eye than the E3 and E4s. The New E6 Minis are the most noticable but they are not out yet as we completely redesigned the flange to be all cast aluminum and it will act as a heat sink so we can drive the diodes are much highter wattages. Eventually we will swap the other lights over to a new flange as well.

Our new interior bar sample came in with the new E6 Minis and those who saw it at the NE Chiefs show this past weekend will surely attest that its bright. Still working out a few details with mounts, wires, etc... but hopefully in a month or so it will be out.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Strobesnmore said:
I believe they were sent back and swapped out but that was handled by the guys in the receiving dept. The E6 and sticks are much more noticeable to the naked eye than the E3 and E4s. The New E6 Minis are the most noticable but they are not out yet as we completely redesigned the flange to be all cast aluminum and it will act as a heat sink so we can drive the diodes are much highter wattages. Eventually we will swap the other lights over to a new flange as well.

Our new interior bar sample came in with the new E6 Minis and those who saw it at the NE Chiefs show this past weekend will surely attest that its bright. Still working out a few details with mounts, wires, etc... but hopefully in a month or so it will be out.

I am looking forward to seeing the interior bar

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.