Strobes N More E-48 Traffic Advisor

wrecker44

Jul 17, 2010
spokane,wa
I just purchased one of these for our support unit, and I'm impressed with it.

35.28" long and weighs about 7 lbs

8 head, 4- 1 watt led's per head

interior/exterior design

Fit And Finish-

The unit and control head are very well made, fit and finish is excellent. It doesn't look like my brother's kids built it. Appears to be a well thought out design and should hold up well to extream conditions. Comes with a sheilded 10ft control harness(extensions available for an additional price), with two simple plug-ins, alot easier to deal with compared to the 7 wires on code 3's classic arrow-stik.

The control module is basicly a rectangular box with an open bottom. Again, very rugged and simple to use. You have your directional knob with 4 positions, left, right,split, and flash. A pattern selection momentary switch, on/off switch, and low power switch also included.

Hardware-

Mine came with 3 L-brackets and 2 swivel brackets for mounting on the rear deck/window. The L-brackets are quite oversized, and have notches for trimming them down. The swivel brackets appear to be the same type provided by whelen on most interior application. The unit uses the rear slide-bolts for using the L-brackets, and the swivel mount just uses existing screws on each end of the stick. Comes with plenty of extra bolts, nuts, and washers.

For the controller, there was no mounting hardware included, just two holes in the top side of the box for bolting it to another switchbox or console. I must say i wish it had some sort of bail-mount hardware included, for a stand-alone application.

Installation-

As easy as it gets. Mount your brackets, install the slide bolts, run the cable into the cab, plug in 2 connectors, run power and ground, and your done. Well....as soon as you make your custom mounting brackets for the controller anyhow...

Performance-

As i said above...I'm impressed. This thing can be seen from space on the low-power setting. Outside, on a sunny 90 degree day, i had to were my sunglasses to watch it on high-power mode. VERY bright! You will not be dissapointed in that department. Off-axis is very good as well.

The unit has 32 patterns, with a pattern control momentary switch on the controller (no more dip switches). You get 8 patterns for each directional setting (left,right,split) and 8 warning patterns.

The controller has an 8 led advisor that displays the pattern shown outside.

I give it a 9 overall.

Pros- VERY Bright

Easy to install

Good price ($269)

Vast array of patterns, easily switched from the controller

Cons- No mounting hardware for controller

No back-lighting on controller

You can watch a video of this product on their website. I have videos, but don't know how to post them on here.

Stay Safe.....Matt

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
This unit comes with 5 mounts, 3 L brackets for the light itself and 2 for the control head. This bar is NOT the rocket X and a much higher quality unit and as with all our E series lights truely 100% waterproof as you can see in our video.

SFD516

May 27, 2010
Scott, Louisiana
Strobesnmore said:
This unit comes with 5 mounts, 3 L brackets for the light itself and 2 for the control head. This bar is NOT the rocket X and a much higher quality unit and as with all our E series lights truely 100% waterproof as you can see in our video.

Does this require the control box? or can you use your own switches for combination control? love the stick, very bright just not to happy with the extra space and bulk needed for the controller.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.