Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
shouod fit. Will be snug.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
It's the same as a Tahoe. You want to put it behind it though. Depth is your issue

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Measure in there to be sure. The depth in the grill is deceiving when you factor the angle of the grill.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Measure the end of where the light will be. Not just the center. Some light sticks are tough to put in there without having them touch the grill at the ends.

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
Anybody use their eflood series light bars? I was looking at the Tru-dual eflood 7200 to go behind my front grill.
Yep! I love mine. I use my regular light bar portion all the time, but the ability to run red and blue's with it also rocks. I've got mine sync'd with my lights on the side of my push bar as well as my visor bar.

Reactions: Blake

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
Are all your lights strobes n more brand?
Negative.

I've got the True Dual 7200 from them. It requires an external flasher (like the simple Able 2 flasher, or the ULF44 I think it is by Whelen which has TONS of patterns)...

Then on the sides of my push bar I run Whelen 700's that are steady burn only, a red and a blue one...

So all of my lights are basically set to steady burn and then they're ran back to the external flasher and a fuse/junction/relay block underneath my back seat.

Then I've got a 48" traffic advisor in the back window and hideaways in the reverse lights. However the hideaways aren't hooked to the flasher. They flash the same pattern but that's internal in the light only. The traffic advisor puts out so much light to the rear I mainly like the hideaways for the off axis warning they do.

Then my interior light bar is a Feniex Pegasus that I went in and re-wired the lights so that I have 4 wires coming out. One for red, one for blue, one for white takedowns and one for ground. Then I wired those into my external flasher as well.

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
Right now I'm running a dual avenger in my windshield and vertex competitors in my reverse light housings. So I want to add two more vertex's up front synced with the rear vertex's and the Tru-dual 7200 and an amber warning bar ( possibly the e66) on a Whelen ulf44.

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
Right now I'm running a dual avenger in my windshield and vertex competitors in my reverse light housings. So I want to add two more vertex's up front synced with the rear vertex's and the Tru-dual 7200 and an amber warning bar ( possibly the e66) on a Whelen ulf44.
As long as you can set those lights to steady burn it shouldn't be an issue wiring things up the way you want them. Not sure on the E66 though. When I had my E66 mini it had an internal flasher.

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
My dual Avenger is the non sync version. I can sync all the vertex's as they have that capability. Both versions of the e66 have internal flashers. I don't know if they have a steady burn and the 7200 needs an external flasher. What I don't want is when activated my lighting looking like a hot mess!

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
So I was thinking. Since I'm using Whelen vertex's that sync, if I purchase a Whelen Dominator ( which has sync also) shouldn't I be able to sync the Dominator and vertex's without a external flasher or will I need to utilize a external flasher?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
we got some of the flood bars in today and I looked comparing it to our suburban. If it will fit it will be extremely tight.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
If you want scene lighting and warning you can go with a short stick.

I thought about building a bracket that macthes the bend of the grill then putting L Brackets in there for a bunch of surface mounts. Cajun might have some ideas. His installs are pretty epic on that model.

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
Well I was thinking I should have some sort of grill lighting and I thought the 7200 would fit the bill and add white lighting since I enjoy camping. Whatever I do it needs to sync with my other Whelen lighting.

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
Spoke with strobesnmore tech support. You can utilize an external flasher with the e66 bars, but you lose the traffic patterns. So either I can purchase the Whelen ulf44, wire my vertex's, grill lighting and the e66 to it and be done, or I can wire just the grill lighting and vertex's to the flasher and just find a pattern on the e66 that will work and that way I can keep the traffic patterns.

Last edited:

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
I've got an issue with my eflood to bring to light. It's become a bigger issue with the longer responses to the station where radio traffic is necessary. Didn't pay much notice to it on in town responses.

When using the red and blue lights on the eflood to flash I have massive radio interference on handhelds and pagers. I've noticed this issue on Chinese flood lights before also. Same with the am fm radio.

I contacted strobes N more and got an email back from sales telling me to call tech support they've heard of the issue and might have a fix. Left a voice mail early last week, with no response, emailed back a couple days later no response. Has anyone ran into this issue with theirs and been able to fix it? Kind of a safety hazard not being able to hear radio traffic...

Reactions: Doyle257

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Put some ferrite beads on the power wire close to the light and make sure you have a good clean ground as close to the light as possible

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yes... sometime more than one is neccessary

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
in "theory" and application it works... your mileage may vary according to which chineese child soldered it that day...:)

this is the reason why there are ferrite beads on most computer monitors, laptop chargers, keyboards, etc...

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
in "theory" and application it works... your mileage may vary according to which chineese child soldered it that day...:)

this is the reason why there are ferrite beads on most computer monitors, laptop chargers, keyboards, etc...
An update.

I placed two each of the ferrite tablet deals on the power wires on the light bar, did not fix the issue. Strobes N More has still never replied with a solution to the issue.

Time to move on I'm afraid, while the light packs a huge punch, I no longer recommend this light to anyone specifically for this issue.

Reactions: Blake

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
What about the ground?

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
Typically the problem is more of the internal switching power supply that regulates the voltage to the lights. This is very common on all offbrand offroad light bars, also noticeable on some of the generic emergency lights (even Feniex had issues with their earlier light models). While adding chokes to the power/ground can sometimes have an effect, the chokes usually work to remove interference to that device (the cables can act as an antenna to receive other interference... I had to add chokes to some of my computer cables to deal with high power ham radio sitting only a few feet away). You add a choke to a cable that has a shield or ground braid, the braid being the outer layer can act as an antenna... or if not properly connected to the connectors on either end could transmit the interference itself but regular power/ground cables shouldn't have a braid (not familiar with the harness... maybe there is a shielding braid if they're run together).

Does the flood light also cause interference to the radio, or just the red/blues? They likely use different power regulators so I could see one causing problems and the other not (or both... chinese).

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
An update.

I placed two each of the ferrite tablet deals on the power wires on the light bar, did not fix the issue. Strobes N More has still never replied with a solution to the issue.

Time to move on I'm afraid, while the light packs a huge punch, I no longer recommend this light to anyone specifically for this issue.
You're not the first person to state the Strobes N More's customer support is almost non existent even though they claim to offer 2-5yr warranties on all their items! I really had hopes for the eflood light, but hearing your story I'll pass. Tom @ AWL informed me that they're coming out with some new stuff soon so I'll wait.

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
Does the flood light also cause interference to the radio, or just the red/blues? They likely use different power regulators so I could see one causing problems and the other not (or both... chinese).
Flood light causes interference too...

Don't care much about the flood light causing interference since I just use it for recreation, but when it came to the red and blues for serious work I took more of a notice to it.

Last edited:

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
Very quick response from Able 2, doing better already:

"Good morning,

Thanks for the inquiry about the Emergency Scene Light. Unfortunately, there is always the possibility of noise with these lights. I believe it is the inductor that produces RF interference. Some are worse than others. You may get one that you barely notice it and others you can actually hear it with the human ear. We have not had a big problem with this on the Emergency Scene light. However, I can't guarantee that you won't. May not be a very good sales pitch, but I want you to know the truth before you purchase. As with all Able-2 Products, they do have our "No Hassle" warranty. On that particular unit it is a 2 year warranty. And unlike Strobes-N-More, we will answer our phone! (I read the thread on E-Light)

Melvin "Hap" Anders
Sales"

Looks like we're up a crick on getting a decent light that doesn't have the RF interference.

Reactions: whatevah

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Very quick response from Able 2, doing better already:

"Good morning,

Thanks for the inquiry about the Emergency Scene Light. Unfortunately, there is always the possibility of noise with these lights. I believe it is the inductor that produces RF interference. Some are worse than others. You may get one that you barely notice it and others you can actually hear it with the human ear. We have not had a big problem with this on the Emergency Scene light. However, I can't guarantee that you won't. May not be a very good sales pitch, but I want you to know the truth before you purchase. As with all Able-2 Products, they do have our "No Hassle" warranty. On that particular unit it is a 2 year warranty. And unlike Strobes-N-More, we will answer our phone! (I read the thread on E-Light)

Melvin "Hap" Anders
Sales"

Looks like we're up a crick on getting a decent light that doesn't have the RF interference.

Good on able-2 for providing an honest answer.

Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.