Strobes N More Interior Lightbar

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
We are just weeks away from getting our first shipment of Interior Lightbars and I can't tell you how excited I am with the final product. The output is far above almost anything on the market today, the fit and finish came out better than expected, and the mounting system we went with should make these universal lights mount very easily in most vehicles. I will get a video up with more information real soon but you will be able to order just the drivers side, passenger side or both sides at once for a discount. If you decide you want to start with one side then add the other its easily done with our system. As for the pricing, all I can say is you will like it. The lights come with 2 sets of forked shaped mounts with a permanent mount screw hole if you want to go that route. We have tried them on several popular police and fire vehicles and they mounted very easily. We went with a slide track on the rear of the unit so you aren't stuck with one set of holes like most of the interior bars out today. You can adjust where the mounts fall on the light based on your visor mounts with ease.

As for the output its incredible and the patterns will allow 6x6 flashing or 3x3. With the 3x3 flash you get 8 separate heads flashing on the bar. Other than that ill update when its on the site and the video is up. One other note is we will not be offering takedown lights. We dont feel they give the output you get with a full size exterior bar and we wanted to give you more warning light output.

Please note this is not the final bar. The final bar will have some slight modifications such as the cable routing, and some things on the back you cant see in these pics. Take care and be safe. Louis

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
One other note I forgot to make. On our forum many have commented that these are our current E6Minis. They use the same optic but the LEDs are different and larger as with the larger heat sink in the bar we can burn much brighter LEDs without damaging them.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Looks sturdy...

Is it a metal housing?

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Very nice Louis, it looks like a cool design. I can't wait to see a video of the final product

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
I'd be interested to hear about the dimensions. You mentioned that these were similar to the E6 Mini. They are certainly low profile. Can you comment on the total height of the bar? 1", less than 1"?

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
The bars are just under and inch tall and they will be 2 piece units, passenger and driver. As I said you will be able to buy half now and the other half later and add it or just buy the entire setup all at once.

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Patterns don't look that bad. Definitely better than some of the CPS authority patterns. Ever see them? They suck

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Did anyone notice if there was the typical 3 or 4 flash where it was the entire right bar, then the entire left? Then I might be interested. Not a fan of the seizure patterns

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
codycat91 said:
Patterns don't look that bad. Definitely better than some of the CPS authority patterns. Ever see them? They suck

CPS Authority sucks in general so that doesn't surprise me.

Eric1249 said:
Did anyone notice if there was the typical 3 or 4 flash where it was the entire right bar, then the entire left? Then I might be interested. Not a fan of the seizure patterns

That's one thing I was looking for as well. Hopefully it comes with a pattern like that that just wasn't shown in the video.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
That's pretty expensive for what it is, that's in Feniex Pegasus territory and the Pegasus has vehicle specific mounts and a hell of alot more options in configuration. This thing had potential but for the price and lack of options I'm not sure how successful it will be.

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Give me a full bar for free and I'll edit the web page and fix the abundant spelling and grammar errors.

I can understand being in a hurry to get the product on the site. However, it doesn't take more than a few minutes to edit. Hell, if you're not good at spelling ask someone who is to look it over.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Louis, that looks great!

Any plans to offer it dual color soon? I'm sure red/blue would be a winner for up front, and i think a dual color with amber would work well if someone popped the eclipse on their rear deck (of a sedan, or course).

Also, how long until we see a full size SNM lightbar?

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
Pyron said:
Give me a full bar for free and I'll edit the web page and fix the abundant spelling and grammar errors.

I can understand being in a hurry to get the product on the site. However, it doesn't take more than a few minutes to edit. Hell, if you're not good at spelling ask someone who is to look it over.

Heck, give me nothing but access to fix the website.. That's a huge pet peeve of mine, professional companies/agencies who cannot properly spell on their websites/social media pages.

It's not that hard to proofread your stuff before you post.. PLEASE DO IT.

That said, the lightbar looks good. Hopefully someone on elb will buy one and do a review on it.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I like the open slots in the back of the housing for flexibility in mounting. For this being an economy product, I agree Feniex will be a direct competitor, but it's still a better price than some of the big names that I'm aware of. I think Axixtech's SV40 would be a competitor when comparing pricing.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Just a few observations from when I first saw it in Louis' post earlier:

A) The dominator-type sliding mounting option is nice for a universal bar

B) While many other interior bars out there have 3-4 LEDs per module, this has 6; we already know that Louis' E series lights have solid output, so i don't question the quality of these

C) it looks well-built; an aluminum frame is not a standard on economy lightbars

D) while it may be approaching the feniex Pegasus price, that doesn't mean this is overpriced. While feniex has been a new innovator in the lighting industry, it is not an authority or standard in pricing

E) I think it's a nice option to buy " a la carte" and add the driver half down the road if you're strapped for cash

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
That's the name I entered. >.> Not kidding.. Did someone beat me to the name?

Anyways.. doesn't look too bad at all. I like it. VERY nice flash patterns in my opinion.(like that means much lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
wolverine900 said:
I hope it's better than the Feniex Pegasus I just installed.(My first and last) With that being said most SNM products I have used held up well.

And just what's wrong with the Pegasus?

wolverine900

Feb 1, 2012
TENNESSEE
JPolston said:
And just what's wrong with the Pegasus?

About 4" short to the a post on each side, about 1 inch from mounting up to the windshield causing flashback, and Feniex clam it was designed for my vehicle??? Sorry to get off topic..

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
wolverine900 said:
About 4" short to the a post on each side, about 1 inch from mounting up to the windshield causing flashback, and Feniex clam it was designed for my vehicle??? Sorry to get off topic..

The Pegasus is not that long of an interior bar. If you look at many of the videos some don't quite reach mirrors. That's mostly in trucks. As for flashback, all interior bars require a bit of tweaking.

Just my experience with them.

Have you contacted Feniex?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I like the idea of being able to buy half at a time. I will be interested in seeing some reviews once a few people get it. I am curious how well it goes through tint? I was going to get a Pegasus. but maybe I will wait. Being universal will make it easier to resell since we all do it lol

wolverine900

Feb 1, 2012
TENNESSEE
JPolston said:
The Pegasus is not that long of an interior bar. If you look at many of the videos some don't quite reach mirrors. That's mostly in trucks. As for flashback, all interior bars require a bit of tweaking.

Just my experience with them.

Have you contacted Feniex?

I not only called but sent them pictures of the bar installed,

Also this bar went in the same vehicle type as their demo suv on their website so you would think they would get this one right.

We have both federal signals and soundoff interior bars in use and they don't have this kind of flashback,

feniex stated just bend the brackets to make it work or tweaking, (why not just sell a universal bar)

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Louis mentioned out new products that will be coming out soon. That could be interesting. Having the option of being able to order just half a bar makes it tempting to check it out.

Louis,

Can this be ordered as RRRR/BBBB or does it have to be RBRB/RBRB? Do the modules move around so you could make even more patters? Does the bar do half and half a flash pattern, I only see solid flash, in/out, and siezure modes.

Thanks

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
wolverine900 said:

Uh oh. Cardinal sin to speak out about Feniex around here. My experiences with their interior bars have been less than stellar, too. To be fair, I think interior bars suck overall, but some clearly are better than others.

Edited to add my two cents about SnM's bar...

Looks good, I think the mounting approach is clever. As far as patterns, I thought some were very good and more than adequate. Interior bars should offer large-footprint patterns, as they are not as bright as "we" think they are due to tint, polarization, windshield angle, flashback (even if not perceived by driver, flashback occurs as light reflects off glass interior and back into its emitter), and sun glare off the exterior glass. So overcome this with large in/out patterns or full side/side patterns. The even/odd staggered patterns are not a great choice except for looking cool up close.

I am glad to see another option in the lower price category, even if it is not a US product, so long as it's quality. I've used SnM stuff before, and it's very good for the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I am just not to sure about some of the patterns. They should just list all the different patterns. Sometimes it is hard to see if there is one you like when they scroll through a few of them quickly.

I also wish you could pick the colors like you can with the Feniex. I like a couple clears, but not every other one

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I also wish it had different patterns on it. Im not sure about the split heads either. I wish you could do half red half blue with patterns that flash one side and then the other. It's all split or inner and outter patterns.

It's very bright though and a nice design.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.