Strobes N More LED Rotator Beacon

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Saw this little guy on the Strobes N More youtube. Looks pretty fun and the price isn't bad either. $129 w/ permanent mount or add $15 for a magnetic mount. Much better than the $500-ish for the Whelen Rota-Beam.

Reactions: MEVS06

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
So very tempting... Tho that rotator pattern appears a bit "choppy" compared to the rotabeam pattern..

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Strobe beacon with LEDs? I don't get it. Why do people call LED lights strobes?

Reactions: Jarred J.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
They should offer this in green if possible. This would be a handy "command" beacon for trailers and chiefs. A great alternative to spending tons of money on a Rotabeam...

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
So very tempting... Tho that rotator pattern appears a bit "choppy" compared to the rotabeam pattern..

It is a bit choppy. Maybe they'll smooth it out as upgrades come along down the road.

Strobe beacon with LEDs? I don't get it. Why do people call LED lights strobes?

Honestly, I think many people who just do it from force of habit of dealing with strobes for so long. I know it technically wrong, but that's my thought. Still holding onto the past...

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
It is a bit choppy. Maybe they'll smooth it out as upgrades come along down the road.

Honestly, I think many people who just do it from force of habit of dealing with strobes for so long. I know it technically wrong, but that's my thought. Still holding onto the past...

Not to further derail this but when LEDs first hit the warning market, they were called LED strobes. 911EP obviously pioneered led warning equipment and the lightsticks LS12 and LS15 mean LED Strobe followed by (I believe) the measurement of the stick itself. They often literally say LED Strobe right on the label. And to be honest the fact that the LED diode cycles on and off quickly in most patterns is reminiscent of a strobe flash, more so than a rotator anyways.

Reactions: bullfrog4ever

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.