Strobes N More Surface Star

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL

I like the concept.

EDIT: It would be sweet if they could have added a AUX steady burn mode (like the Nforce heads) to use as a scene light and warning light in one without haven't to use a external flasher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Hmm... looks like he was going after feniex's concept.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
CHIEFOPS said:
Code 3 beat them to the market by 9 months to a year with their '6-pack hide a blasts', I've had a pair on my front end since summer time last year.

Code 3 Police > 6-Pack LED Hide-A-Blast

From Code 3 website "High performance at a low cost provide very economical corner LED lighting for head and tail lamps".

The SNM lightheads are specifically for mounting outside of head and tail lamps.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
There is definitely no other light on the market like ours at this time. Our lights are not hide a ways they are designed NOT to be mounted in a head or taillight. They are designed to be mounted as it like any other surface or grill light available today. They are also Class 1 output rated making them the brightest light of their type.

We kep these a secret but since they are ready we wanted to get them out there. I guarantee no one will be disappointed with the light output, the optics, or quality.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I know of two other companies getting ready to release something very similar which ARE designed to be mounted outside of the headlights and tail lights. One of which SNM sells for and has been told to their distributors for some time.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Ok, so word games. Is designed to be mounted in a light housing vs. not designed to be mounted in a light housing. "No other product like it", Fail.

Nearly every hide-a-way LED has been designed or redesigned for surface mounting. I guess that makes them more versatile than this product.

Other than the marketing junk...I like them.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
It is a hide away LED with different optics. The good thing about this particular lighthead is that it passed some SAE tests. They are extremely bright, however, and will be good for tight spaces, running boards, etc etc. I will be getting a very similar light in the very near future as well.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
I am sure there will be similar items out within weeks and thats the nature of the business. Everytime we or anyone for that matter come out with something different everyone starts saying we have something similar and the copies fly. Dont fret we are use to it.

Similar LEDs designed for mounting behind head and taillights are different and its not a play on words. If you mount these behind a head or taillight lens they will not be as bright as our E series lights however put them side by side outside the head or taillight lens and these blow everything else away. So there is a difference which anyone who trys them will certainly see.

Like I said I am sure everyone will be very happy with them. One last thing there are a few companies that got the word and are trying to market similar LEDs however we have not seen anything close to what these lights put out. Take care.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Strobesnmore said:
I am sure there will be similar items out within weeks and thats the nature of the business. Everytime we or anyone for that matter come out with something different everyone starts saying we have something similar and the copies fly. Dont fret we are use to it.

Similar LEDs designed for mounting behind head and taillights are different and its not a play on words. If you mount these behind a head or taillight lens they will not be as bright as our E series lights however put them side by side outside the head or taillight lens and these blow everything else away. So there is a difference which anyone who trys them will certainly see.

Like I said I am sure everyone will be very happy with them. One last thing there are a few companies that got the word and are trying to market similar LEDs however we have not seen anything close to what these lights put out. Take care.

I don't have to wait until you get yours, I'm not copying you... Mine were in production long before this thread even went up. My supplier sent me notification about a new product almost two months ago, I received a sample last month, and my order is in production currently. I'm waiting for a shipment to come in with 2 new kinds of hide aways. Should be another few weeks or so.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
tom said:
I don't have to wait until you get yours, I'm not copying you... Mine were in production long before this thread even went up. My supplier sent me notification about a new product almost two months ago, I received a sample last month, and my order is in production currently. I'm waiting for a shipment to come in with 2 new kinds of hide aways. Should be another few weeks or so.

the same thing goes for two other manufacturers I know about. One of which has some being tested by my agency. But silly them for copying God Almighty :rolleyes:

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
I do not care who is coming out with them later or in a few weeks. Louis released them first, so I feel he should in a way get a credit for it. It is an awesome idea. Hopefully the ms. allows me to order some. I think it is a great idea.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
ff168577 said:
I do not care who is coming out with them later or in a few weeks. Louis released them first, so I feel he should in a way get a credit for it. It is an awesome idea. Hopefully the ms. allows me to order some. I think it is a great idea.

He's only taking pre-orders. I could easily put up a product page on my site accepting pre-orders as well but I prefer to build up inventory and have them in stock before I list them.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Ok... I'll start taking pre-orders for the Feniex, Soundoff, and Fever brand versions right now as well. I will also give free shipping on al of the above :)

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Ok enough with the off topic-ness guys and girls, back on topic now.

Awesome lights, I think I'll pick a few up soon. Will it have steady burn (cruise) functions?

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Strobesnmore said:
They do have a steady burn pattern but not an override.

Can they be run for extended periods of steady burn? (ie: 30-60 mins) without issue?

Also any idea on lumen rating and beam spread? I know they haev good off axis, thinking of using them as ditch/alley/around vehicle lighting.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Strobesnmore said:
Funny how this turned in a bash. Why don't you put out your versions and move on instead of constantly bashing the competition. You guys really need to get over yourselves.

Please send me the link where I have ever bashed my competition. I have never bashed you. You on the other hand, that's a whole other story.

That's the last bit I'll say about this.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
prestonlightbar1 said:
Tom,

Your AWL lights are cheap and are not nearly as good as this. I have found all your lights on ebay for half of the cost you charge them for.

Go ahead and send me the link. When I get these new lights, I'll send you some and you can tell me they aren't just as good as the SNM ones.

Since you think my lights are cheap, what's your order number of your last order placed from my company? I'd love to see what product you've tested from me. Surly you aren't just assuming they are cheap without trying them for yourself..

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
prestonlightbar1 said:
Tom,

Your AWL lights are cheap and are not nearly as good as this. I have found all your lights on ebay for half of the cost you charge them for.

I have to ask, Who the f@#k are you???

And also every manufacture has failures. I would be very reluctant to purchase lights from a company who has openly admitted to violating the customers rights on warranty and never even testing the light before voiding the warranty.

That and also having a failure in a few items that I did get through one of SNM's "dealers" which I will not even try to get replaced due to said statement above. I paid out of pocket to put better lights on my customers vehicle and threw the SNM lights in a pile of sh!t bucket. But thats just me...

Nice lights by the way, looks like they will be very beneficial for multiple applications, even though I will no longer purchase SNM brand lights.

ledguy

May 20, 2010
New York
blah blah blah... Ill have these same hideaways in a few weeks as well. no big deal...

PS, Louis, I'm still waiting for my lunch date.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Apparently you missed the stay on topic post and last I checked this was not Toms Forum. Other members can post their opinion and products. You've been around a year at best selling Chinese lights and buying from LED Outfitters the biggest ripoff to walk this planet yet you go after every post we make. Ive had 5 times more years on this forum than you've been in business. Now back off and go away.

ledguy

May 20, 2010
New York
Strobesnmore said:
Apparently you missed the stay on topic post and last I checked this was not Toms Forum. Other members can post their opinion and products. You've been around a year at best selling Chinese lights and buying from LED Outfitters the biggest ripoff to walk this planet yet you go after every post we make. Ive had 5 times more years on this forum than you've been in business. Now back off and go away.

Louis,

I would zip it my friend. Slowly but surely, Tom will be a bigger name in the business than you will. I can make such a bold statement because I know more details then you do about his work ethic and business intelligence. I see his POs, I see his sales, and he's not some punk. I won't spill anymore details because I don't think that would be fair to him. However, if I were you, I would show him a little more respect.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Strobesnmore said:

I don't go after every post about SNM, to the contrary actually. Ive tried to be cordial and professional with you, but you can't do it.

Everyone has to start off somewhere. In the two years I have been in business, I don't have one single bad review. I'm sincere in my intentions in this business, most people can see that. I don't have to be rude to my customers or competition to get ahead. I can't wait until more people get to see the true Louis.

Thats all I have to say, let's get back on topic. Congratulations for being the first person to put this item on YouTube. It is a great product and I'm sure customers will love it.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
prestonlightbar1 said:
Tom,

coming from the guy who has a picture of a cheap chinese rotator lightbar in his signature and the COMPLETELY UNTRUE statement " whelen is the best"

oh, and...

og-meme-generator-shake-your-dicks-this-pissing-contest-is-over-e62bcd.jpg

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Strobesnmore said:
...You've been around a year at best selling Chinese lights and buying from LED Outfitters the biggest ripoff to walk this planet yet you go after every post we make. Ive had 5 times more years on this forum than you've been in business. Now back off and go away.

Ya know, I was going to keep my mouth shut, but your constant mentioning that other people sell Chinese lights is really annoying when YOU also sell the same type of lighting!! Now, I am not taking anyone's side here, but you are really playing the part of a hypocrite.

Many people like you and your products, just as many people like Tom and FEVER, and a few have even been happy with LED Outfitters. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but placing yourself above everyone else just because you've been around for a few more years seems pointless.

Having said that, I respect that it takes a lot of effort to make a business move forward, and you are ALL doing it. If you guys want to having a pissing match, start a thread in the Ring.

Let's stay on topic here, this topic is about Louis's new product.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Due to a patrol vehicle accident while responding I'm currently at the hospital. I've been informed there were some people that took my sarcastic comments seriously and harshly. I have not read responses yet and probably won't anytime soon.

I will say this as I have said before. Strobes n more makes and sells quality products AND Louis has built a fine reputation for himself. While I don't agree with his attacks on some other members here for the products they sell despite theory stellar reputation. (mainly Tom). At least that is how I percieve it to be.

I did not say this product was junk because quite frankly it does not look like junk and I wish Louis (much like others in the industry with good reputations) success.

I'll leave at that now that brass are arriving. I'll be sure to let everyone one if improper blinkies played a part in this accident. :what: stay safe my friends

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
tom said:
When I get these new lights, I'll send you some and you can tell me they aren't just as good as the SNM ones.

You could send some this way too. :D

Looking forward to seeing ALL the new lights everyone is coming out with, may the best man win.

Oh, and :popcorn:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Ok, so just left the hospital. While these lights that everyone are developing right now would help lighting and give us a new tool and option in lighting, I doubt it would have prevented this accident. This was simply a case of a JACKASS driver talking on her cell phone and clipping a patrol car. It was my brother's patrol car i should have clarified it he is fine. I was on tapatalk scratching it out quick before the upper staff got to the hospital room.

While I like the idea behind this concept, I'm concerned that some people will take such a product as a substitute for a light head with a larger footprint. Even god almighty can make a product like this be as bright as possible, however; there comes a point where footprint alone can make something more effective.

Let me clarify this before I get someone's diapers soiled... I am not saying this looks like a crap product. It looks like a quality product, but WE as installers need to make sure we clarify and educate the best we can. I think this gives us an option in places where a normal light head WONT fit or work. Kudos to innovation, whoever, truly came up with the design. The more tools in our belt... the better.

I like pickles! :woot:

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
These lights are not a substitute for primary warning lights, however there are some places a larger surface mount will not fit and when we saw customers using lights designed for head and taillight installs we decided to start working on a true surface mount hide a way style or sized LED. We are not reinventing the wheel however we are making better suited for its intended application.

Fever I do hope you are ok and back up and running 100% soon. Louis

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.