strobesnmore vs UBL

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Hey Ya'll,
I am posting this thread for a friend of mine who has been asking me about lights. He is going to be wiring a 2016 Chevy Silverado and he was wondering which one would be better to go with SNM or UBL. He likes UBL for the mere cost of things but I told him to go with Feniex, Seeing that is what i have in my POV. He doesn't want to spend much, He wants a Full visor in the front and a stick in the rear, With a couple surface mounts. I also want options thrown out there as well cause I gave him my two cents. This will also be a more likely than not a simple two button control or a handheld with no siren system.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I vote for SNM over UBL b/c of their light output and warranty. However, although the SNM bar has more to offer, it’s about 2x the price of the UBL, so if he is limited on funds, I’d go with AWL Venom (similar price range to the UBL but you have Tom’s stellar service and a 5 year warranty).

The problem with any of these ILBs is that universal mounts require mods to get them to fit right and minimize flashback. If he has the money, I’d go with Feniex and get a vehicle-specific Fusion ILB (the solo fusion is in the same price range as the SNM ILB).

For the rear, you can’t go wrong with any of the SNM lightsticks

Last edited:
Reactions: jonny521

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I'd definitely go SNM as well. But like pdk9 said I'd rather see a vehicle specific for and interior bar and the solo fusion is pretty close to cost of a snm one.
SNM has A+ customer service and a good warranty. I havent used ULB before so I cant speak to them

Reactions: jonny521

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.