Stupid question about Whelen wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO I am working on my Durango install. I have 2 Whelen Talon dash lights that I will be using in my side rear windows. They are currently set up with cigarette lighter plugs. I want to hardwire them. When I cut the plugs off, which wire is + and which is -? They don't seem to be color coded.

Also, if it matters, one has the switch with the pattern select button and the other is just the power plug.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Nolines

Silver Supporter
Photo needed, generally according to their info smooth positive ribbed negative grey sync... But I can't be positive.

Dave F

Support Staff
Theyre protected against reverse polarity; so simply touch one wire to power and the other to ground, if you get it right then bingo, if not, you still figured out which ones the hot wire

OP
OP
S

silverunicorn

Theyre protected against reverse polarity; so simply touch one wire to power and the other to ground, if you get it right then bingo, if not, you still figured out which ones the hot wire

Thanks. I haven't gotten pics yet, but this is the info I needed. Thank you for the info, I will go that route. Thank you also to Nolines for that info as well!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rfdffmed86