Suffolk County, NY Police Whelen Freedom

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Picked this up for a STEAL from a scrapyard sans WeCan module. It is a model FW8RRRR made in 2010. Got it all hooked up initially and nothing worked. The bar needed a deep clean and lenses need polishing bad so I tore it open and found the plug for the comm cable had a bad pin connection. Took care of that and everything is working but the alley lights, which I attribute to not being able to properly build the bar file in WeCad since they don't allow you to choose MR11s any longer. No biggie there.

The rear is a combo of fully and minimally populated heads in a terrible color combination, but I'll keep it because I like the original specs. Patterns in the video are just after some quick WeCan messing around and I've changed it three times since because I just haven't found something I really like. This will stay in my collection.

Video:

Photos in use (not known to be the actual bar, but same agency and setup)
1580519192493.png

1580519203922.png

Exlawman1

Dec 23, 2019
Long island, n.y.
Picked this up for a STEAL from a scrapyard sans WeCan module. It is a model FW8RRRR made in 2010. Got it all hooked up initially and nothing worked. The bar needed a deep clean and lenses need polishing bad so I tore it open and found the plug for the comm cable had a bad pin connection. Took care of that and everything is working but the alley lights, which I attribute to not being able to properly build the bar file in WeCad since they don't allow you to choose MR11s any longer. No biggie there.

The rear is a combo of fully and minimally populated heads in a terrible color combination, but I'll keep it because I like the original specs. Patterns in the video are just after some quick WeCan messing around and I've changed it three times since because I just haven't found something I really like. This will stay in my collection.

Video:

Photos in use (not known to be the actual bar, but same agency and setup)
View attachment 222130

View attachment 222131
Nice bar, i live in suffolk how did u get that bar, aution

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.