Suggestions on Grill lighting

18Delta

Sep 22, 2010
I`m looking for four compact light heads for my grille area. I`m thinking of the LINZ6 or the SOS LED 3. I`m looking for feedback on which is better bright wise and made wise.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Go with pimp pods, made by and elightbars member. He has excellent products, and has excellent customer service, practically everyone on this board will vouch for his products!

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Both lights that you mentioned are good options. Some of that comes down to personal preference. I would also recommend the SOS Ghost and the Tomar RECT-13/14 lights to you. Some of your choice should depend on your exact application (where in the grill) and what you are expecting from the lights.

Pimp Pods are also great little lights from what I hear and he stands behind his products. I think it may be incorrect to say he makes them himself, but he certainly puts them through some very rigorous testing to ensure they meet his personal standards for a product he is putting his name on. They are much better than any other "off-brand" light out there by far. Hopefully he doesn't take offense to the "off-brand" comments as I was purely referring to a non-major US company vs the big boys (Whelen, Sound Off, FedSig, Code 3).

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
We have a lot of customers who purchase the Axixtech XL6 for grill mounting. Axixtech also is coming out with their version of the SoundOff Ghost called the miniSpecter. It's very low profile and has six diodes in it. We haven't received official pricing yet on it though.

[Broken External Image]:http://corepublicsafety.com/compone...ge/product/Axixtech_MiniSpe_4ca1ea5de2bb5.jpg

As far as brightness goes, nearly any light by a quality manufacturer will have great brightness. What really matters most is which style of optics and form factor will work best for your application.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
18Delta said:
I`m looking for four compact light heads for my grille area. I`m thinking of the LINZ6 or the SOS LED 3. I`m looking for feedback on which is better bright wise and made wise.
What kind of vehicle will these be going in? If they are going to be back behind the grille go with PimpPods or TIR6's. If near the front of the grille go with the LIN6's or the Impaxx SOS LED.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Boss429 said:
What kind of vehicle will these be going in?

+1. Also, do u want a really covert look, or do u mind the lights mounted on the exterior of the grill?

My personal overall favorite lighthead for surface-mounting and grill light applications is the whelen 500 series (lin6 in front of the grill or tir6 behind the grill). With grills w/ narrow slots/openings, the ghosts work great, IMO, b/c they are a narrow lighthead that pack a nice punch, but out of the 2 lightheads that you listed, i personally would go with the linz6.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.