Suggestions on replacement cable for lightbar wiring harnesses?

d119

May 26, 2010
CA - Land of Steady Red
So I've recently purchased a few lightbars that, of course, have the wiring harnesses cut off at the base of the bar. Always a party, right?

One of them is a Code 3 Excalibur, the other a Whelen Edge 9000 Duplex, another a Code 3 XL or something like that.

Does anyone have a good source or suggestion of where to get good cable to replace the cut wiring harnesses on these bars? Looking to put all of them back in service on various vehicles we have around our campus.

I'd rather do the wiring properly with the right stuff than mickey-mouse it together. As the great Reuben H. Fleet said, "Nothing short of right is right".

Thanks for any suggestions!

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
I have a brand new full length harness for code 3 Excalibur with the internal quick connect. $40 shipped.

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
You might also try Wiseguys Used Emergency Equipment. I believe their website is lightbars.net. I have not purchased anything from them, but I have priced things from them and the owner was very happy to speak and get prices for me. Just a thought

Dennis
NVFD612

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
I'll keep that in mind - thats more than I paid for the bar, LOL :) (I understand).

I get it but remember that 14 conductors, 15 feet each that's 210 feet of copper wire. There are other options out there, but you'll pay on the low side about $2.50 a foot for multi-conductor cable that would work for a lightbar. Other options would be ebay, but most people are selling used edge/liberty cables for over $100 for the set.

Reactions: Dave F

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I reiterate the same replies as above. Dig up a used one.

You may be tempted to buy a 100ft spool of quality wire for 15-20 and make your own. Dont....take it from me, even if you label everything then you have one color of wire to trace problems.

Reactions: Dave F

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
just search ofr "multi conductor single shield cable.. enter whatever size wire your looking for like.. 2 10GA 6 8 ga conuctor.. etc etc..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.