Sumiton Police, AL, Old Stuff

I was happily given permission, by my Asst Chief, to visit the City's vehicle scrapyard/storage area today. In the hope of getting parts for my Edge 9M frame.

This is the somewhat sorry sight that greeted me.....

P1000989.jpg

P1000990.jpg

P1000991.jpg

P1000992.jpg

P1000996.jpg

P1000993.jpg

I did manage to salvage an Edge 9000 from one of the vehicles, which I'm going to gut and see if I can get working again in my Edge 9M frame.

Last edited by a moderator:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I sure do miss the 93-96 Caprice.

EHFD_Tower_751 said:
I would've grabbed all the edge bars and ran, but thats me (only cause I have a bare 44" edge frame)

Some genius decided to weld some of the straps to the lightbar.

Also the Mayor likes to keep these for "parts" barely any of these vehicles have wheels, engines or consoles.

The reserve car that is somewhat infamous in chat is TOTALLY trashed. I'm talking the passenger side looks like an elephant sat on it.

I did salvage the Edge off the right most vehicle, of the last picture.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The tires on that truck still have a few miles on them. You should have snagged those, also!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.