SuperCaliFrankenSonic

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
Picked this up today. Good news is it’s a CTS. Got two good red TS domes. Bad news is no California dome, missing one end cap, and- well, take a look. EAA9A354-90E9-4EE9-9BB6-116FF27435C3.jpegA02C62CC-431D-4AD0-8A91-166DD05F7BCA.jpegF31C7FD3-2DE9-463A-A471-BE4379F1091F.jpeg

Reactions: jph2

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'll raise you one with this little gem found in an LP 6000 that I got a while ago. Love the spring that was used to keep it level with the other rotators. Everything else is mostly fine, but a full restoration is in progress.

CAM00105.jpg

Reactions: Crownfire

Feb 16, 2013
Idaho
It would be interesting to compare video of Crownfire's Twinsoinic to a traditional Twinsonic and see if there is much visual difference between the two.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I know it's not original, but it's the first Twin Sonic light bar I've seen with rotating reflectors.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
lol this belongs in the Frankenbar thread..

But @Crownfire I approve! you can switch it back... or just keep it as is. I'm not a rotator expert but they look like older streethawk style rotators.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
It is a shame it didn't include the CTS dome, but it looks fairly clean (well, a little grime) and should be relatively easy to put the correct rotators and chain drive in. :)

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
I’m adding restoration of this bar to the project list. If anyone has a CTS end cap or a CTS cutout dome, speak up.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
I used to sell Code 3 LP 6000 rotors to a city 10 at a time. I once delivered them in person and seen a DPW radio guy gutting Twinsonics and installing the LP rotors in them and replacing the domes with Amber. I asked the director if we could work out a trade for some rotors in exchange for the Twinsonic parts. I would have discounted the rotors for the parts on the invoices. He literally told me to go F' myself. I never got the parts and the next time I seen him, he was driving a sweeper. The new director was really nice.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I used to sell Code 3 LP 6000 rotors to a city 10 at a time. I once delivered them in person and seen a DPW radio guy gutting Twinsonics and installing the LP rotors in them and replacing the domes with Amber. I asked the director if we could work out a trade for some rotors in exchange for the Twinsonic parts. I would have discounted the rotors for the parts on the invoices. He literally told me to go F' myself. I never got the parts and the next time I seen him, he was driving a sweeper. The new director was really nice.

Wow...that guy was a Grade A c**t. Did the new director help y'all out at least?

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
They were all done :-( Due to a union issue, we lost the police vehicle contract so I had no reason to go out there anymore, I never did try to recover the converted Twins. Their radio guy - who would spend 30 days upfitting a single vehicle - filed a grievance because he thought he was going to lose his job.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
They were all done :-( Due to a union issue, we lost the police vehicle contract so I had no reason to go out there anymore, I never did try to recover the converted Twins. Their radio guy - who would spend 30 days upfitting a single vehicle - filed a grievance because he thought he was going to lose his job.

Damn....:(

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.