Superior Ambulance Bullet Lights. Value?

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Hey all.

OK, so I am finally going to put these up for sale and I was wondering what ballpark I should be in for price. These are off a Superior ambulance (not sure what year as I only had the roof section that they were on. Nothing left of the rest of the car.) Mine are in good shape, but I am debating whether to throw them in the bead blaster and take them back down to bare aluminum. Not sure if this will devalue them in any way. Here are some pics of what they look like on a car (not mine). I will get some pics of the actual ones I have later today. I also have the center squad name plate from the roof. I have the original plexi glass from it and will include it with the sale, but will also be replacing it before selling. Thanks in advance for any info.

l_fa075f7c01cf9262b2081ac8746bb9a0.jpg

l_33a4633116f35be72900588bca115fa0.jpg

l_d6a85d84fefd8e60def98b15e406ff63.jpg

l_ef7690e7fbb1510702ccf80cafbaad2e.jpg

l_4f1288ec8185e6ed3debdb9fccc9ee9f.jpg

May 24, 2010
Albany, Kentucky
I picked up some of the lenses/domes, whatever you call them LOL at a flea market for $10 each I have no idea what they would actually be worth? If you could messure them I might be interested in them I have a set on a 1967 caddi that i'm restoring, mine are great but an extra set would be nice just in case since this will be a driving/working car when it's finished.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Superior used that style of roofline/windows/doors from 1965 to 1970. Those bullet lights were used throughout that production period.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Oh, you guys are hysterical. LOL I've had some estimates put the complete set as high as $2500 but I would think that they would have to be damn near NOS for that kind of $$. Judging from what I've been told, I'm estimating around a $1000 for the set in the condition that they're in.

Marty1

May 29, 2010
Canada, Quebec, Alma
Dunno the exact value, but they used them from 1959, shorter thru 1964 and this size in 1965 thru 1970. 1000 seems to be a little high, considering that it's not a rare item, if it was a M&M Full-vu kit maybe, but not Superior... Im just wondering why you just sell the bullet lights and not the entire ambulance..? Did you tried with the PCS? Im a member and I know that this perticular high top type is pretty valuable... when complete!!!

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Well, the reason I don't sell the entire ambulance is because I don't have the entire ambulance. LOL As stated in my original post "These are off a Superior ambulance (not sure what year as I only had the roof section that they were on. Nothing left of the rest of the car.)" Believe me, I wish I did have the entire ambulance.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.