Surete Du Quebec New Dodge Chargers

richie5335

Feb 10, 2012
US/Texas
Even though the video is completly in french it shows all the cool goodies being installed into there cars and they actually show them installing it too, enjoy! Surete Du Quebec translated into Quebec Safety is the Canadian equivalent of the Ontario Provincial Police or RCMP or to a highway patrol here in the U.S

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
So.... About that roof setup.....

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I would not compare them to the RCMP.... I'd compare them to provincial (as you mentioned) and/or state police.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Fascinating video indeed of these "in-house" upfitters... Ouch, what amount of work in here !!

Good find, thanks ! :thumbsup:

Just to clarify, Sûreté du Québec (Security, not safety) is a provincial force, just as the OPP is for Ontario.That would be similar to a US State Police force.

The RCMP on the other hand is a federal police service, close in concept to the FBI.

In the Canadian version though, RCMP covers pretty much all the scope of police work, from traffic enforcement to investigations, from Community Service to intel gathering (they used to be in the spying business as well, which they reluctantly gave up to the newly formed Canadian Security and Intelligence Service in 1984...)

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I like how they take care of spare parts and actually look like they give a shit with the old lightbars. Of course the Press Release is going to have the hot Chief and the hot officer, lol. Good job, that type of arrowboard is fairly common in Canada, there are better ones where that one fails in comparison.

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
Terrible light bar setup. I would put interior bars for the front and rear. Would make everything look much better and still be functional.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
lafd55 said:
I like how they take care of spare parts and actually look like they give a shit with the old lightbars

Absolutely. I make a parallel with another thread where an upfitter had to install used equipment on a new Charger, and the lightbar domes were in poor shape, opaque and scratched... Obviously SQ is into the refurbishing business (including auto spare parts..). Very laudable initiative.

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
TheGatekeeper said:
...they used to be in the spying business as well, which they reluctantly gave up to the newly formed Canadian Security and Intelligence Service in 1984...

Newly formed? 28 years ago?

:undecided:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
dg0223 said:
Newly formed? 28 years ago?

:undecided:

It was newly formed THEN :D

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
unlisted said:
Oh trust me, the RCMP still does some.... ;)

They do criminal intelligance gathering, into such things as biker gangs, street gangs, drugs, etc. They no longer do intelligance work in the field of national security. If they get some intelligance of that sort, they pass it on to the secret squirrels.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I understood Dahshz Sharsher in the video!

exphillycop

Apr 18, 2012
Holmes Beach, Florida
After working the interstates for years, I really like that light setup......very funtional......a little weird looking though. I wish Philly Highway would have went with a light system like this or the McDermott system....would have made my job a hell of a lot easier......kudos to the Canadians!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
iceman4122 said:
Terrible light bar setup. I would put interior bars for the front and rear. Would make everything look much better and still be functional.
You say that as if it's a a bad thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if these people are the only ones getting those Delta pseudo-rotators in bulk, kinda like LVMP and NYPD were basically the only ones getting the Vision SL from FedSig...

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
I am pleased that they obviously take pride in their work, as well as the fact that they fix up and reuse previously used equipment, but there comes a time when that equipment gets to be too old and it just needs to go. The roof setup is.. well.. clumsy. But that's just my opinion. They can get all the work done that they are trying to accomplish with the setups they are using now with more modern stuff that is much smaller and offers better performance. Regardless though, they make it work and they get kudos from me on that.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Very informative video indeed. For those who don't understand french, they basically say that the newly received Dodge Charger police packs are checked to meet the Michigan Police standard (oversized brakes and the like) and how they strip the car to re-install everything properly. They then re-use what they can to keep costs down and be more eco-friendly. The Teddy-bear thing is for child conforting, should they need it ;)

What is not re-usable is sold at public auctions.

The older bars they had were MX7000s, and before that, Dominion Automotive. Now, they have Whelen Deltas. Here's my former MX7000 I bought from a pile of old bars. All the blue lenses were removed before selling, as blue is only for police, around here. I had to track blue lenses here.

Here's a picture of my old Sureté du Québec MX7000

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx311_toon80_Lightbars_20collecti9b746ffec3d54719decca430b439ba13.jpg

On the highways, their cars are easy to see when running code in the day. The deployable Arrow-board mounted on a cylinder can be seen from great distance. Horrible gas-mileage, probably, but very efficient and much clearer than arrow-sticks.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
A) I think we all agree with everything the narrator said in the video

B) that is one ugly roof setup, and I don't get what the point of having a stealthy/low-pro vehicle is, when you have an assembly on the roof that sticks up 15 ft in the air and will clip every overpass (or that looks like it'll take the vehicle airborn or flatout get ripped off during high speed pursuits). I also don't see the point of having patrol vehicles with massive arrow boards (FHP's setup on crown vics has been synced TA's on upper and lower rear window; it is amazingly effective and doesn't add any huge bulk to the roof/exterior). Personally, I think those arrow boards are only necessary on certain contruction/road work vehicles and fire police vehicles that will be on scene for extended periods, with vehicles dedicated to traffic-purposes. I personally don't know any LEO that would use that massive board, nor want it on their roof

C) The officer at 3:35 is hot

D) that control looks like a fragile piece of crap

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
I want all there old delta's :eek: :salivate:

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I think it looks bad ass with that lightset up and LOVE the way they actually care about spare parts and cleaning the domes on the unit. Looks like an awesome department to work for.

Marty1

May 29, 2010
Canada, Quebec, Alma
pdk9 said:
A) Personally, I think those arrow boards are only necessary on certain contruction/road work vehicles and fire police vehicles that will be on scene for extended periods, with vehicles dedicated to traffic-purposes. I personally don't know any LEO that would use that massive board, nor want it on their roof

That's because you're not in Quebec. Our Province is probably the worst place in North America on road workers protection. Majority of the population don't slow down on traffic or construction, but they do dramatically (understand stop in your face) when they see an accident or an emergency vehicle. They never give priority to ambulances or police cars, don't even change their line when an emergency vehicle is on the side of the road. That means this arrow is more than necessary, could save the life of the SQ officer. The Government tried a new law, let see... I was amazed in NY state to see every car pull over just hearing a siren.

MetsFan2512

Jan 14, 2013
Long Island, NY
Marty1 said:
That's because you're not in Quebec. Our Province is probably the worst place in North America on road workers protection. Majority of the population don't slow down on traffic or construction, but they do dramatically (understand stop in your face) when they see an accident or an emergency vehicle. They never give priority to ambulances or police cars, don't even change their line when an emergency vehicle is on the side of the road. That means this arrow is more than necessary, could save the life of the SQ officer. The Government tried a new law, let see... I was amazed in NY state to see every car pull over just hearing a siren.

new law also states motorists must move over on the highway if there is a stop emergency vehicle on the shoulder. (ex. right shoulder emergency vehicle, 3 lanes of travel, move into center lane when approaching emergency vehicles). from my observance, only half the drivers follow the new law, as for hearing sirens, everyone always pulls over where they can. I work for DOT so I know how dangerous the job is so when I see road workers on the side of the road I tend to shift my lane too.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
I looked at that lightbar setup and all I can say is:

WTF IS WRONG WITH THE FRENCH?!?!?!

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
What dept. was it that had the flip up light bar?

I'm guessing this is similar? But looks like a WING up there.. jus sayin..... :undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.