SVP Pancake light Dome Removal

Lee Hagen

Dec 27, 2017
Belmont
Picked up a vintage SVP Pancake light and wanted to know best method to remove dome. I thought they just rotate to unlock. The one I have is not moving. I have not had one in many years and can't recall if there needs to be screws loosed. Appreciate the help.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Make some type of spanner wrench ,(2 screws in a board will do), to match the 2 holes in the bottom of the base. Put the holes over the screws to hold the light in place, and twist the dome off.

Reactions: Pete L.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
As Dan says. Measure the distance between underside holes and then a piece of timber with 2 nails lets you loosen the cover . Theres a rubber ring thats seized up. Leftie loosie .

Reactions: Pete L.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.