Switch inside Federal Interceptor siren?

gpd132

May 24, 2010
Gulfport, MS
I took the cover off my federal interceptor siren to clean it up a bit. Its a 2D. I noticed a switch on the inside. What does that thing do? Is it a 58w / 100w output switch?

Also, anyone know what would be a close color to the original to repaint the chasis cover.....its quite a bit rusty in spots? I'm looking for something close to the original but in a Rustoleum or Krylon that I can pick up at Lowes.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
As far as I know, Interceptors were only produced as a 58 watt siren.

But it may have changed hi-lo to a straight alert tone? Or altered the circuit for dual speakers.

The finish on mine is a spackeled light grey. I have in storage so I can't look at it, but sirenman has some good pictures on his website.

Someone with a little more Federal Siren background might have the info and answers.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
tnems7 said:
As far as I know, Interceptors were only produced as a 58 watt siren.

He has a PA20A. The PA20A runs at 58 watts with one speaker or 100 watts with two speakers

tnems7 said:
But it may have changed hi-lo to a straight alert tone?

You've got it backwards. The PA20 has the alert tone. The PA20A has the hi-lo tone. The PA20A came later.

tnems7 said:
Or altered the circuit for dual speakers.

All versions of the PA20 and PA20A can run dual speakers

tnems7 said:
The finish on mine is a spackeled light grey.

All PA20s and PA20As were painted light grey

tnems7 said:
I have in storage so I can't look at it, but sirenman has some good pictures on his website.

John 'sirenman' Dorgan has pictures of PA15As and PA20As in his photo archive, but he's a mechanical siren guy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.