Switches & Controllers

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Don't I just need one or two toggle switches on my dashboard to turn my stuff on? What are all of these other controllers and switch boxes for?

Discuss!

Please keep it clean and organized, this forum section is heavily moderated to keep information organized. We're going to use content from these discussions to compile a helpful guide for users seeking information about products in this industry.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Need to know how many amps each module draws and what amperage each switch is rated for.  

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I use one 16A rocker switch for my lights - It powers the following -

Feniex Pegasus - I'm assuming 5 amps 

2 Cannons - .5 amps each so 1 amp total

8 Feniex T-6s at 1 amp so 8 amps

1 Cobra 600 at 3 amps 

So I'm in the ball park of being maxed out for one switch. I have the switch fused at the battery with a 15 amp fuse so if it overloads or something goes wrong it will just kill everything. 

My numbers may not be accurate with the amp ratings, but just what I figure them to be. FEVER probably knows the exact amp draw of each product. 

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Anyone ever use a rotary switch hooked to relays for lighting control? It could function like a slide switch but I think it would be more robust that your average slider. Unitrol sells the Omega 90 siren amp with an "undercover" controller called the U3500. You can control your lights and siren from a single rotary switch. Pretty neat!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.