Switching the Innards of a KO Viper S2

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
I recently ordered a Chinese KO (knock-off) Viper S2. I am not a LEO, so all it's going to do is sit in the collection. I am not going to use it for actual visual warning. I just wanted one for the collection. I got it in red/blue.

I have always been fascinated with the amber/blue color combination, but they don't make a KO in blue/amber, so I am thinking of ordering an amber/white and a blue/blue or red/blue and switching the panel with the diodes out. These things are relatively inexpensive, so if I completely ruin one, it won't particularly matter.

The question is, can this be done? Is there anybody who has ever switched the innards on one of these knock-off S2's? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.