Sync question....

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
You can connect up to 10(?) Lightheads if I'm not mistaken...

I'll be connecting 6
2 (2) right next to each other and those 4 to 2 cannons.

One set of fusions are set as mode 1 and 2 and flash with mode 2 and 3 of cannons...they all share the same sync wire...

The new ones will be set up as mode 1 and 3 with the cannons which mean I can splice them in with the ones they'll be next to... For mode 3...

Is there still a "sense" in the wire if the lighthead is off?

If I have mode 1 on the cannon would it still be sending a signal through the blue wire even if that other light head isn't on?

Thinking it should work or do I need to run another blue wire down to the cannons but don't know how mode 3 would work with 2 wires sending the same signal to the 2 lightheads? Unless I need to separate?

@Carlos SpicyWeiner

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
honestly with Feniex sync its a huge crap shoot. Biggest thing is you need to make sure compatibility is there. I think 10 lightheads is what they have stated in the past. They once showed 100 lightheads but.... i'm skeptical.

I've had different lights connected to the same sync wire on different flash patterns without issues. But I have also done it where I have had issues.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Ok. I'm more just worried if the sync wire carries a signal without the lighthead being on. I'll find out later I guess...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
sends the signal, should not cause the lighthead to come on though unless there is a problem

Reactions: Dave F

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.