Tactical iPhone

mfaith91

May 23, 2010
Kentucky
After much frustration, I did a little googling tonite, and found something that I've been dying for for quite some time.

I use the heck out of my iPhone. And when I'm working a detail- I will have my tunes nice and low (in one ear). My problem has always been- my earphone was very conspicable- and depending on which way I turned my head, my wire would get pulled too tight (I keep the wire under clothing).

Lookie what I found- thought I'd share it with other folks that may have the same desire that I have! :D

Mike

http://www.extremesoundlab.com/

ohi007

May 21, 2010
Canton, oh
hum.... dont have an i phone, but looks like a good thing to have

Cam

May 20, 2010
MO
Interesting.

I used to use a Motorola earpiece almost just like that . Our company gives them to our crane riggers to plug into their speaker mic on loud jobsites. The one I had had a smaller plug then my ipod but I got an adapter for it for like $3.00. I used my for a couple years when biking on city streets, worked great. I'm not sure why other companies haven't come out with this before, the tube thing is great for any kind of movement.

I also have a very $$$ set of Shure earphones that have acoustic tubes for both right and left but you work think someone would come out with a lower priced set.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I just resurrected my old classic IPod, which sort of got deadlined 'cause i didn't like earbuds. Does this thing provide for any quality of music, even if it is mono?

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
firefighter3200 said:
Did you buy one? How does it work?
Jebus- its a simple eartube with a speaker attached to it- mono speaker. Some come with a inline microphone so you can use it as a normal wired cell phone headset.

buy headset

plug into headphone jack

stick other end into one ear.

Listen.

This is not new by any means, I had one back in 2007 from another company.. Got bored with it pretty quick- I don;t like my ears plugged.

Even with surv headsets, I purchase that other earpiece that sits around your ear canal, not in it.

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
I'm still waiting till october (random month) so att will let me upgrade to an I-phone. My blackberry is starting to get riddled with problems..

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
LED said:
I'm still waiting till october (random month) so att will let me upgrade to an I-phone. My blackberry is starting to get riddled with problems..
Just make sure you get the rubber bumper so you can hold the phone normally without killing the signal :)

What model BB? What OS version? Have you checked blackberryforums<dot>com or crackberry<dot>com recently? Lots of OS updates, etc.

On another note, I've got a lightly used 9630 I might be selling after this weekend if I pull the trigger and upgrade to the 9650.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
I too had the motorola piece for my phone. I dont think theres any difference, I should check to see if it works on the Ipod, i dont see why not.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
I have one on my radio at work as well. Comes in handy when checking out buildings where the sound echos. Probably the best accessory Ive ever bought. Paid for itself a 100 times over!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.