Tahoe 2015 Laser Scan at Feniex

Alex@Feniex

Nov 10, 2013
Austin, TX
Today the engineers laser scanned a 2015 Tahoe in preparations for a new line of rear spoiler mounted lightbars and side mirror lights. Here is a behind the scenes clip of how its done. Nothing fancy but it could takes up to 7 hrs just to scan one section of a car. 

All together we are scanning the Tahoe 2014-, Tahoe 2015+ and Ford Explorer 2011+. Any other cars you guys have in mind that require side mirror lights or rear lightbars?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
That's pretty cool to see how that procedure is done...you would think there would be some type of machine / tripod of some type to hold the "laser gun" rather than the guy holding it...I'm sure his arms tire out pretty quick lol

Reactions: Alex@Feniex

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Maybe the interior overhead console on 2014+ Silverado/Sierras?  They seem to be wider than 2013 and prior years.  I've had issues with interior bar fitment in one of them recently.

Reactions: smackjack21

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Second on the Impalas

Reactions: 7d9_z28

thekameleon

Jul 19, 2013
Illinois
I am curious to see the designs.  Especially on the mirrors.. What I would really love for the Explorer 2011+ is a replacement for the OEM mirror turn signal that was a combo turn signal and warning light.

Reactions: Alex@Feniex

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
These brackets are now available for the Pegasus and Apollo Frames...

Silverado 14+

Suburban 14+

Sierra 14+

Yukon 14+

Avalanche 14+

It should be noted it is actually 14+ silverado, sierra.  The 2014 Yukon, Suburban, and Tahoe are all 2007-2013 models. The 2015 Yukon, Suburban, and Tahoe are actually the same as the 14+ Silverado, Sierra .  

Avalanche was discontinued 2013. 

Reactions: PJD642

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
wait mirror lights for the Silverado 14+   Ill take a set to review and test out!!!! Blue or Blue/White please lol

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They are still a couple months away and no for the 07-14 hoe

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
I want to see molded mirror brackets that hold an Apollo under the mirror and is parallel with the vehicle like the sound off inter sector. We can do this with a 90 degree bracket on most, BUT a molded option would look way better. Tahoe, Interceptors, Charger, Durango, F-150s, F-250, Silverado, and Ram trucks. I suppose we should throw an Expedition in there too.... 

Also, the rear spoiler brackets need to be set up on, or have option of an Apollo flasher to get the same function as an Apollo stick. Dual color and arrow.... We are assembling this in house with a build coming up and I think it will be a popular option... 

Reactions: Hoff

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
I want to see molded mirror brackets that hold an Apollo under the mirror and is parallel with the vehicle like the sound off inter sector. We can do this with a 90 degree bracket on most, BUT a molded option would look way better. Tahoe, Interceptors, Charger, Durango, F-150s, F-250, Silverado, and Ram trucks. I suppose we should throw an Expedition in there too.... 

Also, the rear spoiler brackets need to be set up on, or have option of an Apollo flasher to get the same function as an Apollo stick. Dual color and arrow.... We are assembling this in house with a build coming up and I think it will be a popular option... 
Giant second on all of this! I wonder if this could be done with 3D printing? Onshape.com is in beta and would make that a pretty easy prospect provided one had the printer. Damn I wish the laser scanners weren't so expensive.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'd also like to see dual color Apollo function with the new 12 diode modules as a competitor to the outer edge...feniex's affordable duo color will definitely give the whelen counterpart a run for its money, especially since i'm still waiting for them to release duo/trio outer edge (and I know it's gonna be $$$$)

Is the ETA for mirror & rear spoiler lights tentatively Q1 2016?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.