Tahoe/Sierra/Silverado Slimlighter fit?

billforbush

Jun 10, 2010
Northern Michigan
Hi Guys -

Wondering if anyone has used a Whelen MM Slimighter over the RVM in a GM vehicle as above? I tried a Talon but wasn't wide enough to avoid the useless black screen above the mirror. I saw a PI Utility the other day with two single Avengers but I'm not sure i liked the look. I measured it up and. It looks like the TIR lightheads in a Slimlighter would end up just missing the screen but would like to confirm that before I buy one (in the future, not yet). Anyone able to confirm? Thank you very much

Bill

jatchinson

Feb 25, 2012
West Michigan
billforbush said:
Hi Guys -

Wondering if anyone has used a Whelen MM Slimighter over the RVM in a GM vehicle as above? I tried a Talon but wasn't wide enough to avoid the useless black screen above the mirror. I saw a PI Utility the other day with two single Avengers but I'm not sure i liked the look. I measured it up and. It looks like the TIR lightheads in a Slimlighter would end up just missing the screen but would like to confirm that before I buy one (in the future, not yet). Anyone able to confirm? Thank you very much

Bill

Bill, are you trying to use the black screen to hide the light's? If not, I hope this helps. The Tahoe in the video has 2 slimlighter's at the top of the windshield.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
billforbush said:
Hi Guys -

Bill

I got rid of my tahoe last year, but it did not work above the rearview because of the cable and shield for the RVM. I put my Slimlighter on the dash up 3 inches. If you put it flat on the dash the wipers block a little of it. IMO, with an SUV...that TIR Slimlighter punches people in the face through their RVM at the perfect level.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
While a Slimlighters may fit in this position, it is not ideal because there is no flashback shield and at night the flashback will be horrendous.

billforbush

Jun 10, 2010
Northern Michigan
Thank you for all the excellent input. I initially placed a dual Talon above the RVM, which put it mostly behind the black screen. It was ok but much better when not obstructed by the screen. I am trying to avoid placing it lower on the windshield because it is much more obvious/visible there (although I concur it would be at a perfect level). If the Slimlighter will fit well and the lightheads will miss the screen, I'm thinking ill have to fabricate some kind of flashback shield. I have a SIgnal/Star ULB42? Bar in there now and it works awesome, but I'm getting tired of the appearance from inside as far as taking up windshield space all the way across. Besides, it may be overkill in my application as I don't use it very often and traffic is typically light. Thanks again.

Bill

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Why not try a Whelen XLP passenger side only... Crazy bright, and not as obstructive while driving.

I have an interior pinnacle for sale for the tahoe... also very bright, and low profile as it hugs the headliner... however with a tint strip, it doesn't punch through as well as i'd like it to.

Good Luck,

Seth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.