Tahoe TA836UHP T/A install

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
This is my first real install in something that wasn't mine... I believe the Tahoe was an '05? Never checked.

I installed a Whelen TA836UHP arrowstick. The dept. didn't need the Arrow functions/patterns so I wired it to a Code 3 711 flasher. The red & blue ends were wired separate & run by the internal Whelen flasher (which sucks for output).

I mounted the 711 just above the Code 3 box & the other existing spaghetti bowl of wires.

caro3.JPG[/attachment:b5wsc9f4]

They were using the Code 3 3990-something? w/phone type wire from the keypad to the amp. I wired the positives right to the position 1 "block" on the C3 box rather than disturbing the giant butt splices that branched out w/lots of wires. & I grounded the negatives for the flasher & TA to a screw on the partition that was used to mount the big C3 black box.

I checked the slide switch ratings & put the T/A on position 1.

I think the TA looks allright; the only other light on the truck is the 48" Excalibur on the roof. That has 4 strobes, 3 rotators in the upper deck & 6 LED-X' s (2 front, 4 rear) & intersection strobes in the lower deck.

caro6.JPG[/attachment:b5wsc9f4]

caro7.JPG[/attachment:b5wsc9f4]

Also, no one knew why, but the 4 way flashers (hazards) come on whenever you turn on the slide switch. There's 2 or 3 mystery wires out of the 7 hooked to position #1 that I don't know the purpose of. There's a solid white, a brown & a purple...I believe the solid white ran back up front &the other 2 ran to the rear of the truck. They find the hazards coming on annoying & wanted them to NOT come on via the slide switch if possible....any idea on how to accomplish this?

caro3.JPG

caro6.JPG

caro7.JPG

caro2.JPG

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.