Take home sled

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
To be honest, if not for the trunk photo, I would hazard a guess that is a retired vehicle..

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
unlisted said:
To be honest, if not for the trunk photo, I would hazard a guess that is a retired vehicle..

+1. I couldn't see the Phantom's till that picture either. I hate when slick tops don't have corner strobes (or any intersection warning) and when unmarked's have push bumpers.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Uhh pics please i dont see anything whats going on :?

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Station 3 said:
Uhh pics please i dont see anything whats going on :?
Well since the OP went on what appears to be a hissy fit of sorts, I will give you a "non visual description"

Black CVPI with tinted windows, not new, but in nice condition. Pushbar on front, no strobes in the corner markers that I or anyone else could see. Also did not appear to have any forward interior/pushbar lights. Interior shot shows nice centre console with IIRC, smartsiren, some arrowstick controller (I think) a few blank plates, and something at the top but covered by steering wheel and photo angle. Hole in dash- looked like a trunk release switch removed-which made me suggest it was a retired fleet vehicle. (besides the driver seat worn, and the blank plates in the console)

Rear single small whip antenna, probably 800 or UHF, cutout of rear tint for Gen 1 arrowstick or warning bar. In the trunk a couple of sheriff shirts/ vest hanging on a "pickup truck" cargo bar, across the trunk. Police bag as well. Oh and a AR15 (?? sorry I don't know US weapons as well as CDN) on the trunk lid in a rifle holder.. No "standard" trunk tray that I could see, or anything else "standard" for a PD trunk. (flares, fire ext, pylons, etc)

Hopefully the OP decides to repost the images. It was a nice ride. Plain, but nice.

TDMSRed said:
:roll: Kind of why I posted it in the member rides section instead of the install. Didnt think I needed pics of the light set up.

And no, you do not, but people will comment on your ride, regardless where you post it on this site. Many other members take it as constructive criticism or helpful (even if unwanted) advice.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I am so confused! The titel says take home sled, so I was expecting to see some reindeer, or husky dogs, or perhaps a 50's Merc. But ya'll are talking about a Crown Vic, and I know that is a car. So is this yet another term you pup's have mangled? The term sled for automotive use generally means a "leadsled" or slab styl 50's car. Sled can also mean a vehicle which is in poor shape and worth little or nothing.

http://www.motorera.com/dictionary/SL.HTM

I'm still holding out for the husky dogs...

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
So its a department issued fromer marked car that had been repainted black Big deal.. The guy was proud of it. Some whackers here just have to see what cool lights are in it.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
To take up a little for the OP, I did see what looked like a full phantom on the rear deck and another up front...

TDMSRed

Jun 2, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
I appreciate the support Respondcode3. Life is just too short and I dont have time for the people that live on this site and complain about everything they see. Have a great weekend.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.