Taking A Chance - UPdate-

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
You may have seen the ad. All odds are against it being legit, but I am going to take the chance. It was on Ebay. It's in China and the seller has ZERO feedback. No picture, just a description. All the warning signs. Warning signs in bold letters.

BUT

Ebay has a money back guarantee so if I do not get it, I get my money back. So it's not a huge gamble if I lose.

BUT

If I win, this is what it is:

Federal Sign and Signal, Model 15A Junior, New in Box with Amber glass globe. "Been sitting on shop shelf for 40 years."

Price????

$21.19 with free shipping.

Every warning sign of a scam is there but I had to bite. After all, would a scammer come up with a Jr. Beacon Ray as bait? Wouldn't it be a lot more if they knew the value?

If your going to gamble this is the perfect setup. Win you win big. Lose your lose nothing.

Will let you know if I get taken or come out a winner. Thought you guys might enjoy the intrigue with me.

fingers-crossed.jpg

Reactions: StEaLtH2

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Don't do it. I mistakenly did late at night not paying attention and ebay was a ROYAL pain in the ass to get my money back. DON'T DO IT!

100% a scam. The last several weeks they have been rampant with fake ads. I have been reporting them as I see them for fraud.

ebay WILL make you wait the full shipping time from China (appx 45 days) before even considering your dispute. I filed a claim with PayPal direct and my credit card company and that was the only way I got refunded. ebay still won't allow me to dispute the case because it hasn't been long enough for the item to allegedly ship and get here, despite them already removing the seller's account as fraudulent.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.