Technical name - rotator lubricant?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
What's the actual name of of the lubricant used on rotators? Searched, couldn't find it, but I don't think it's been mentioned in a while.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
white lithium grease?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
That's what I was thinking, but just wanted to be positive.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Well, I've told a lot of people to 'sit and spin'.... but, wrong rotator... :)

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Shut the hell up Ken. What you do in your bedroom has nothing to do with this thread... :)

BOT, anyone serious around here...?? :)

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
:lol:

blazinSS934

Jul 2, 2010
Long Island NY
Just food for thought. If you are using white lithium grease in a cold climate , it will get goopy at freezing temps. I recommend something called DOW 33. Its made by Dow Corning, is safe for rubber and plastics. It is used industrially as a lubricant for pnuematic rams and solenoids. You can find it at Grainger. I was introduced to this stuff while I was playing paintball professionally. We used it in our paintball guns

Sal astuto

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
Lubriplate is a good barand name to use. The trick is not to put on too much. Most people want to put on enough so they can visibly see the grease, in my opinion \, that is too much. I put on a small amount, and wipe off the visible extra with a rag. Cuts down on too much grease atracting dust, and dirt.

Clarence

High_Order1

Sep 24, 2010
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
All I know is if Whelen or FedSig has a p/n for a can of rotator lubricant, I want it for bragging rights!

Far as what to use, I've gone through a buncha stuff. White Lithium is what I spec for a lot of car stuff. I use straight lithium on my rifles. But, I've used graphite in the past, seems to work.

Problem is temperature swings. Either piss hot from being in the sun to start with, or chilled due to driving in rain / sleet or overnight. Then hot when those 55 watters fire up.

Shawn

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.