Telescoping Poles and Mounts for Scene Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
I had this mentioned in my general wanted ad, but started a new thread for this one, with some updates.

I am looking for 2 complete telescoping pole assemblies with mounts/hardware for mounting scene lighting as seen on many brush/command/QRS/etc. pickup trucks. Similar to the ones in Whelen's demo truck below, but I need to be able to mount to toolboxes, not headache rack.

I MIGHT consider the lights too (LED preferably) such as Whelen Pioneers if the price is VERY cheap, but probably just the poles.

Many items to trade! See my posts in warning and non-warning. If not, I will buy outright for the right price.

459133_517426671646858_1264499514_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
I'd like to know what you find. I've been considering the same thing, but I think I'm going to spend the cash on a firefighting labeled pole.
Still haven't had much luck. I was going to use probably like a 12-16" cheaper offroad light stick for the actual lighting. It needs to be 12v anyway for my application since I don't have a generator or large invertor.

I found one set of poles on Facebook, but the halogen lights were still attached, and the guy wouldn't separate plus he didn't really want to ship.

I'm still looking for a set of poles only

MarchHare94

Dec 5, 2014
Whitefield, Maine
Man. that's about the same I'm looking for. I'd take them with the old halogens haha. But still, I'm wondering about building something. I was thinking of using PVC. May not work perfectly, but I've got somewhat of an idea

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Man. that's about the same I'm looking for. I'd take them with the old halogens haha. But still, I'm wondering about building something. I was thinking of using PVC. May not work perfectly, but I've got somewhat of an idea
Yeah if they were really cheap I would've taken the halogens and sold just the lights, but he wanted $150 for the pair and was a several hour drive away, not worth it! Yeah, thats a good idea. If I can't find something soon, when I have some time I might consider building something too.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Yes please! If you figure something out and it looks good, I'll probably end up doing the same thing. If you find any instructions, pics, etc online, please post pics or send them to me

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Trust me, DON'T waste your $$$ on PVC.. At the very least use HDPE. Ideally use some type of metal. .

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
That looks nice. If you happen to be around the station sometime and have some time, yeah I'd love a few pics. But no hurry at all because honestly I might not be doing this now. I've put probably over $3000 into my truck in the past few months and it still won't pass inspection or emission and has a miss along with other problems. I bought it with 60k miles on it and it only has about 80k on it now. I'm so disgusted with this truck that it's probably getting traded in ASAP. As nice as the new Ford trucks look, I don't know if I could ever bring myself to buy another one! I never had these problems with several Chevys I've owned.

Rescue 1

Feb 14, 2014
Delaware
Not a problem. I actually went the other way with my vehicles. After driving GM for many years, I just got tired of how thin the sheet metal was getting. I bought a 2011 F350 Superduty and haven't looked back. I'll swing by the station in the next week or so if we don't have an alarm before.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
find some camera or DJ lighting tripods (some can be found for around $30 and can handle up to 100lbs (of bacon)

and rig to your choice.

Reactions: wilsonbr90

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
I ended up buying a pair of strobe beacon poles that I am going to use from a member here. So I'm going to lock this thread. But to those who sent me ideas and whatnot, feel free to continue to PM me with your build, and you should post a topic in the build category. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.