temporary mounting

Fenn

May 28, 2010
Ocean County, NJ
I have a dual predator that i'm going to be temporarily using over the next few months. I do not have the suction cup mount for it and i'm looking to find a way to mount it to the dash.

The vehicle is leased so i'd like to avoid anything that will mark the dash. I have the heavy duty velcro but it has thefoam backing and from previous experience the foam break off when removing it.

The dash area is flat so velcro would work on the bottom but i just don't want something that will leave a mark. i was thinking about the clear adhesive velcro but i'm not sure if it will leave any mark.

any ideas??

mike

May 23, 2010
usa, california
1 buy 3m velcro with adheasive tape backing and use that instead of the foam 2 sided tape stuff.

if your dash is flat buy a large gum rubber cell phone keeper and hot glue the light to that. that will create a large tacky gum like bearing surface that should keep the light in place. 3m double stick tape will work too.

armorall takes adheasive off your dash too

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
aj9j said:
just an idea. in my ford f 150 and when i drove my chevy corsica, i held a code 3 dual head strobe on the dash using a little bungie strap. i hooked the end in the defroster vents and it pulled the light up tight to the window, . so here is a possible way to mount without leaving a mark.
simular to these. http://www.amazon.com/Highland-90510-Mi ... B000E7UIX8

Back about 20 years ago, I had a dash light that came with a small bungie to secure it, It might have been a SVP light..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.