Tennessee eLightbars Tour 2010 set for Aug. 6

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
As long as i get 2 weeks notice in im good for any time during those 2 months. We might "tour" the new nashvile shores :lol:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yeah im going to have to say no to lighthouse too. Only thing i ever got good there was some reflectors for my trailer that were 50 cents apiece. All their lighting is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced. Trying to talk them down is like pulling teeth. They have a very small display area that has lighting that is AT LEAST 2 years old ( still have old D series whelen light instead of the linz6 ) most of their lighting diplays are various colors of excals and mx7000 etc. The thp shop would be neat to see.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yeah we let mfaith91 come down last year. We can let you come too :lol:

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
Naaah! Remember, Mike left for work before we did the Jack Daniels Tour! I think he was just down to look at the fire engines. But I know he appreciated our state fire training center.

But since he does law enforcement, too, I was looking at some of the places that support our Law enforcement agencies.

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Im down for it!!! might have new vehicle ready for this event too!!! tnems7 shoot me an email if you can i have a question on my license if you dont mind. Isnt the state police acadamy in nashville? maybe we can get a tour, driving training center? Nashvilles firs training center. Vanderbilt lifeflight center tour, im sure TNEMS7 can get that done since i think they are under you...lol

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
TNFF412N,

Yes, Isn't it nice to have friends in the Highway Patrol? The Tennessee Highway Patrol Training Academy is now different than the Tennessee Law Enforcement Officers Training Academy, which trains sheriff deputies and officers for small-town police departments. Whether a visit to THP academy would be worthwhile would depend upon whether training is in session. In the summer, that's unlikely. Same thing with Nashville Fire Training Center (the State Academy is way much more!) However, the driver training range was at the law enforcement academy.)

I think a stop by the support services for both THP and Nashville public safety agencies, located within a mile of each other on Murfreesboro Road, would be interesting to the "installers". Might also have some of the installers for State Parks and TBI join us for lunch and Q and A, since they mount emergency warning devices is all kinds of cars and trucks. I can also get a demo of our TDOT help trucks, and their Davidson County supervisor is a former Metro Police Lt.

Touring Vanderbilt Lifeflight shouldn't be a problem. Yes, I am one of their "regulatory officers", but also good friends. Been around them since they started, and took my first helicopter flight with Memphis Police/Sheriff's office in 1973.

What about a tour of the TBI facilities? I have some contacts there, too. and that would be a good place to gather, if they don't have dispatcher training in progress. The THP district COMM center is also close, as is the state Medical Exminers office,

Let me do some inquiries this week, and I will post "possibilities".

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
That all sounds great! looks like we'll have another good trip planned out.

not to brag but from all the meets and greets ours are the best.
:lol:

I'd help out with contacting members like i did last year, but since locations are no longer required i can only recall about 10 members from this state.

SHO-TYME

May 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
You can go to Trucker's Lighthouse, just make sure to stretch so you don't pull a muscle while grabbing your ankles when they tell you their prices.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
What about Friday, August 6? That gives everybody two months for planning and making contacts.

How early do you want to get started? Need to give some time for driving in that morning, so is 10:00 am OK?

(The medical examiner's office is just across from TBI, and the Highway Patrol's District Dispatch is just across the ridge off Ellington Parkway. I am hoping TBI may be able to have enough parking so we can use that as our rally point.)

Do any of the firefighters know when the Fire Chief's conference is scheduled? Might see some of the light manufacturer reps/distributors there and see if they would participate or share info on new products?

I will begin to make inquiries and see what we can schedule for August 6. July is beginning to look too busy for me.

We are expecting a new grandson, and our daughter's estimated delivery date is around July 16, but it may be earlier, and I also plan to attend an EMS Educators conference in late July.

I hope this will work out as well as last year's tour, and see if more members might participate.

Richard

tnems7

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
works for me.

mfaith91

May 23, 2010
Kentucky
Can I throw something out there? How's about more in the fall- so that whatever we do/whereever we go we aren't getting steamed from the wonderful weather we get this time of year.

Just a suggestion.

Mike

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
Mike,

I would be willing to try to coordinate something in the fall, but doing something on Friday after school starts gets difficult because of high school and college FOOTBALL, and I don't mean soccer. Mid-week (Wednesday) might be OK. See how everyone else may respond.

We also have the state rescue squad association convention the first weekend in October, and several regional EMS conferences, and I usually attend those functions as a representative of the State EMS office.

Richard

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
sheesh if your going to "diss" me @least get my name right :roll:

:lol:

dates don't matter to me as long as i get 2 weeks notice. I might need a months notice if someone wants to crash at my house though. lol since the GF has "attempted" to move in she isnt really using my second room except "clothes storage"

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
the only week my gf cant come is the week of the aug 26th due to inventory @ "the mart"

Shedoesn't have to come :lol: she said i was mean for saying that to her :lol:

anybody else have possible conflicting dates? Im still good with the 6th idea. Most activities will be indoors and in AC

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
RuralFireMedic said:
Ok, somebody throw out a date for this, so I can make sure I'm off work. I've been wanting to go to one of these, but missed the last one.

It would seem that August 6th is going to be the confirmed date. I talked to TNems7 via signal 6 and he appears to have a few things planned, but final details are still being tweaked.

So everyone mark your calendars.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
OK Fellows,

Here is a little bit more info on the planned tour.

Both the Tennessee Highway Patrol Support Services (Captain Brown)and the Nashville International Airport Fire and Police Depts. (Chief Heim, Captain Quarles) are cooperating. Still haven't heard from the TBI and Medical Examiner, but I am working on it. I made the contacts, just haven't had a reply.

I have been off with back problems, but I hope I can still confirm plans for August 6.

Our fleet services at THP won't have any patrol cars in September, so that is the reason Captain Brown wants us to come August 6. He will also arrange a short tour of their district radio communications/dispatch center, which is near TBI.

Richard Land

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
the date. aug 6th

time starting at or around 9am

still arranging a place to meet up.

we will be touring:

TBI

Medical Examiner's office

THP service center

BNA public safety areas

due to the nature of some of the areas we will be touring some info will be needed.

as of now we need a
go/ no go for who will be coming.

its a little over two weeks away.
:D

I turned in my request for vacation in today so im ready for another great TN meet and greet!!!

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee

For the tour I need your direct email address and Name, address, city, zip and telephone contact number. You must be prepared to show your Driver's License and any photo ID, and your person and any pouches or bags will be subject to search.

Unless you are on official police business, and this tour is not, Secure any firearms out of sight in your car.

If we have more than ten to twelve register, we will need to alter plans for touring the Med. Examiner's office. Or if you want to sit out that part of the tour, let me know,so I can arrange an alternative activity. You do not have to be a Tennessee resident to tour the facilities.

I need to get the list to the agencies a couple of days ahead, so try and email me ith the requested information before August 3.

We can meet up at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation headquarters from 8:30 to 9:00 am Central Time

Here's the tentative schedule:

TBI Tour, Q and A 9:00 am until 10:30 am

State Medical Examiner 11:00 am

THP District Communications Center around 12:00 to 12:30 pm (We might eat lunch there if everyone will kick about $5 in for catered Bar-B-Q)

THP Support Services 1:30 pm -- The last of the THP Ford CVPI will be in the install shop for radios, radar. CCTV, and Lights and sirens.

Nashville International Airport 3:00 p.m. Fire Station and equipment tour, orientation on special roles and duties of Airport Police officers

Remember, Photographs may be prohibited in certain areas- Anyone who violates this rule will be ejected and dropped from the tour.

Contact Information for tnems7:

Richard Land

richardland@comcast.net

cellphone: 615-604-4831

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
email sent with mine and gf's info

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
Sorry that Mike Faith cannot attend. As of July 27, I only have five people registered. Still hoping for a modest turnout of 10 to 12 people.

I have received follow-up this week from the State Medical Examiner's office and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. TBI tour will start at 9:00 a.m.. ME tour at 11:00 am. We can then view the THP district dispatch center, eat lunch, proceed to the Fleet Services office and Radio Shop around 1:30 pm, and then ariive at Nashville International Airport at 3:00 p.m.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
per news 2 last night we might get a lil wet friday so brinkin appropriate "wpe" if needed.

wpe = weather protective equipment. :lol:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
just a day away hope to see all there that can make it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.