Tennessee Highway Patrol Lights

plybeep68

Back in the mid to late 70's THP used Visibars and Twinsonics on the marked units. They also used for a limited time some strobe lights(2) mounted on a bar with rear facing lights also. The strobes were about the same size as the Whelen but i was thinking they were a little taller. Does anyone remember this set-up or have any pictures?

OP
OP
plybeep68

plybeep68

Thanks! I wasn't aware that they used them up into the 80's, Don't look bad on that matchbox fury.

Sarge619

Premium Member
Let's see... according to the ancient Whelen catalogs, that setup would be a Model 3338 for the strobes/crossbar. Not sure make/model the siren speaker is.. possibly a Whelen model SA-390-R or a FS CP-100?

OP
OP
plybeep68

plybeep68

Thanks for the model numbers, The speaker is a Whelen also of which there is 2 on ebay i am watching

mr. awesome

Sarge619 said:
Let's see... according to the ancient Whelen catalogs, that setup would be a Model 3338 for the strobes/crossbar. Not sure make/model the siren speaker is.. possibly a Whelen model SA-390-R or a FS CP-100?
the ancient scrolls have spoken!

dmathieu

Premium Member
plybeep68 said:
Thanks for the model numbers, The speaker is a Whelen also of which there is 2 on ebay i am watching
If you buy one to mount on a Whelen bar, look at the direction of the mounting foot.

Dan

ford-dealer

Site Regular
plybeep68 said:
Will Do, Thanks
The 2 speakers on EBAY are SA390-R (R for ROOF)

Look at the mounts on the crossbars, they are different. The speaker itself is the same, just the mount is different

ford-dealer

Site Regular
plybeep68 said:
Ok, I bet those are Super Rare !
In ALL the years I have been collecting Whelen Lights, I have only aquired 4 crossbar mounts. I have been outbid on 2 more on EBAY, so that would make a total of 6 that I have had the chance to aquire. I need 2 more to finish 2 bars. Such is life!

Wigwam700

Established Member
ford-dealer said:
In ALL the years I have been collecting Whelen Lights, I have only aquired 4 crossbar mounts. I have been outbid on 2 more on EBAY, so that would make a total of 6 that I have had the chance to aquire. I need 2 more to finish 2 bars. Such is life!
Do you have photos of such project? :D

ford-dealer

Site Regular
Wigwam700 said:
Do you have photos of such project? :D

Pics of my entire collection are being taken/organized for a "My Collection" thread.... coming soon to a theatre near you.... :D

Also, a complete detailed inventory spreadsheet is also in the works. Anyone want to come help? :bonk:

Steve-O

ford-dealer said:
Pics of my entire collection are being taken/organized for a "My Collection" thread.... coming soon to a theatre near you.... :D

Also, a complete detailed inventory spreadsheet is also in the works. Anyone want to come help? :bonk:
Sure thing, just holler! :crazy:

AshSkip

Steve-O said:
Sure thing, just holler! :crazy:
i sold 2 origional whelen crossbars last year. both of them had the big beacons and siren speaker on them. the beacons were made specifically for the crossbar that I had.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
KB1CJT
Top Bottom