Tennessee Highway Patrol Lights

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
Back in the mid to late 70's THP used Visibars and Twinsonics on the marked units. They also used for a limited time some strobe lights(2) mounted on a bar with rear facing lights also. The strobes were about the same size as the Whelen but i was thinking they were a little taller. Does anyone remember this set-up or have any pictures?

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
Let's see... according to the ancient Whelen catalogs, that setup would be a Model 3338 for the strobes/crossbar. Not sure make/model the siren speaker is.. possibly a Whelen model SA-390-R or a FS CP-100?

mr. awesome

Dec 27, 2010
Queens, NY
Sarge619 said:
Let's see... according to the ancient Whelen catalogs, that setup would be a Model 3338 for the strobes/crossbar. Not sure make/model the siren speaker is.. possibly a Whelen model SA-390-R or a FS CP-100?

the ancient scrolls have spoken!

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
plybeep68 said:
Will Do, Thanks

The 2 speakers on EBAY are SA390-R (R for ROOF)

Look at the mounts on the crossbars, they are different. The speaker itself is the same, just the mount is different

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
plybeep68 said:
Ok, I bet those are Super Rare !

In ALL the years I have been collecting Whelen Lights, I have only aquired 4 crossbar mounts. I have been outbid on 2 more on EBAY, so that would make a total of 6 that I have had the chance to aquire. I need 2 more to finish 2 bars. Such is life!

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
ford-dealer said:
In ALL the years I have been collecting Whelen Lights, I have only aquired 4 crossbar mounts. I have been outbid on 2 more on EBAY, so that would make a total of 6 that I have had the chance to aquire. I need 2 more to finish 2 bars. Such is life!

Do you have photos of such project? :D

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Wigwam700 said:
Do you have photos of such project? :D

Pics of my entire collection are being taken/organized for a "My Collection" thread.... coming soon to a theatre near you.... :D

Also, a complete detailed inventory spreadsheet is also in the works. Anyone want to come help? :bonk:

Steve-O

May 21, 2010
San Antonio
ford-dealer said:
Pics of my entire collection are being taken/organized for a "My Collection" thread.... coming soon to a theatre near you.... :D

Also, a complete detailed inventory spreadsheet is also in the works. Anyone want to come help? :bonk:

Sure thing, just holler! :crazy:

AshSkip

Oct 16, 2011
logan co. ky
Steve-O said:
Sure thing, just holler! :crazy:

i sold 2 origional whelen crossbars last year. both of them had the big beacons and siren speaker on them. the beacons were made specifically for the crossbar that I had.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.