Thanks to a friend...

Jun 18, 2013
PA
What is that story on that dashlight with the rectangular reflector?

Possible Code 3 dashlight. I think they made one very similar to this, let me dig through my stuff I may have one.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
To me, one looks like a FS Fire Ball II(set screw fitting in the center of the lens), and the one to the left looks like a SVP Hot Shot.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Looks very similar to this one. I may be wrong but I believe it to be this model of beacon. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 6

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Two Mars Skybolts, a Federal 174, a Fireball II, a Director and PA300 siren, and other miscellaneous light stuff? Yeah, that's a good haul!

Now find a Mars cross bar and you got a a home for those two Skybolts, heh heh!

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Helluva friend, helluva friend indeed. I'm thinking of a kind "gift" for his efforts...

I did have to leave behind an RB8 and a 176 from the haul location but I may have access to those yet...

The 174 bracket looks to be fabbed. The beacon was mounted on the front of an old step-van used for an equipment truck, back in the day. It had to be mounted below the roofline to clear the old firehouse door so it was mounted above the split windshield on this bracket. Unfortunately also, because of the height issue, the skirt is cut short.

A Mars crossbar would be ideal for those Skybolts as I was also given another blue lens. Oh, the wheels are turning, be sure of that... That and a pair of Mars can lights... maybe an 888 for the middle?

Reactions: CrownVic97

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I see a PA15A series 1D (1960s version with the slow rising low-pitched wail tone). :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.