The All New AWL SMT Series Surface Mounts

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
The AWL SMT3 and SMT6 are the second set of products that I am releasing as my very own product line. My goal is to provide the hardworking members of the public safety field with dependable and affordable emergency lighting. I plan to continue slowly roll out the new products until I have a complete and updated product line.

Links to website:

AWL SMT3 Surface Mount

AWL SMT6 Surface Mount

Description:

Our all new series of surface mount lights has arrived. The AWL SMT series lights are compact and pack a huge punch! The AWL SMT3 features 3 of the latest generation LEDs and has 14 flash patterns that are synchronizable with all other AWL brand LEDs. The AWL SMT6 features 6 of the latest generation LEDs and has 24 flash patterns that are synchronizable with all other AWL brand LEDs. The AWL SMT series lights are compact and pack a huge punch! The SMT6 includes both solid and split flash patterns, and is also available in split colors. Our new lightheads are fully encapsulated making them completely water, weather, and vibration resistant.

Included with each light are mounting screws, a foam mounting gasket, a tall flange, and a short flange. AWL is among the first to provide both tall and short flanges with each lighthead, all at no extra cost to the customer. The tall flange is great for mounting the SMT surface mount in most places such as the grille of your vehicle. You also have the ability to swap the flange out to the short flange. The short flange sits 0.37" lower on the lighthead, therefore offering a wider spread of light and better off axis output which can be extremely useful when surface mounting your SMT series module.

Our AWL series LEDs were designed with responders in mind. These lights offer superior output while still being economically priced.

Dimensions:

SMT3: 3.89" wide x 1.49" high x 1.06" deep

SMT6: 6.37" wide x 1.49" high x 1.06" deep

Pictures:

ai44.tinypic.com_b9goxj.jpg

ai39.tinypic.com_8vt6ci.jpg

As always, I welcome any and all comments. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fire9508

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Great looking lights Tom! I'd love to be able to see em first hand if you ever have the chance.

Great options on including the tall and short flange plus the thinner less bulky flange gives it a much nicer and updated look compared with previous LEDO lights. Beyond the updated look and higher quality product I am pleased to see that your pricing has not budged. Again great work can't wait to see them in person.

emt.micah

Sep 6, 2012
Northwest Indiana

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
MEVS06 said:
They look good, are you stocking them already. I'm going to have to get a set of each to test out.

Yes, they are in stock and ready to ship. I also have the L brackets and LP brackets in stock for them as well.

squeeeg said:
Can you sync then with your AWL LAWs?

Yes. All AWL products, including surface mounts, hide aways, dash lights, and warning bars will be able to synchronize with each other.

FusionWolf said:
Great looking lights Tom! I'd love to be able to see em first hand if you ever have the chance.
Great options on including the tall and short flange plus the thinner less bulky flange gives it a much nicer and updated look compared with previous LEDO lights. Beyond the updated look and higher quality product I am pleased to see that your pricing has not budged. Again great work can't wait to see them in person.

Thanks, John! You have my number; just let me know a time that's good for you if you want to come by and I'll show them to you.

fireman658 said:
Looks great Tom!!!!!!! I was getting worried when I saw the T3s disappear from the site. Lol.

Everything happens for a reason :D

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
emt.micah said:
Now that Tom has announced these, I can finally say "THEY ROCK"! I ended up with a pair about a month ago. Installed them on my bumper and can't be happier. Can't wait to get more.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/emt_micah/th_photobucket-39336-1367582917444_zpsa5df6aa2.jpg[/URL]

Micah, Thanks for sharing the video. The SMT3s look great!!

Irsh42 said:
Is this going to be the same light head your going to use for your arrow sticks?

Our new warning bars will use the same LEDs. I still have to finalize some things on the bars and dash lights, but they should be in soon!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.