The Arges, anyone have opinions?

iamjavimartinez

Jan 7, 2015
Looking at adding one of these to my personal 2019 F150 for night time ranch stuff. Anyone have any experience or comments about them? Torn between this and the traditional unity since my truck is aluminum. Makes a golight kinda hard to use haha

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They are cool. We've had a few issues with them but they really are cool. pairing them with core gives them some really incredible uses.

Go Light really is tried and true. Not really flashing but certainly the standard. We mount them to light bars (Star specifically builds their lightbars so that the go light can be mounted to them). We also use the third brake light mounts for them.

iamjavimartinez

Jan 7, 2015
They are cool. We've had a few issues with them but they really are cool. pairing them with core gives them some really incredible uses.

Go Light really is tried and true. Not really flashing but certainly the standard. We mount them to light bars (Star specifically builds their lightbars so that the go light can be mounted to them). We also use the third brake light mounts for them.

my thoughts with the arges is I can take it with me to another vehicle. My LED golight has some ridiculous range, can’t use the 3rd brake light platform thing either as I have an NMO antenna just forward of it.
The one thing I can’t stand is there’s so little info on the arges, and not very many reviews, if any at all, out there. I’m wondering how it compares to the Unity LED spotlight.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
My personal opinion is go light has less that can go wrong. It's tried and true. If we go a couple years without an issue with the Arges I would say go with it. If you plan to ever use a core system, go with Arges. Dollar for dollar, I feel like I get better value out of go light.

Most of your concerns though are really something only you can figure out as it is your personal situation. Go with what you feel like you'd like the best and roll with it. Both have good warranties so even if you have an issue it will be taken care of.

iamjavimartinez

Jan 7, 2015
My personal opinion is go light has less that can go wrong. It's tried and true. If we go a couple years without an issue with the Arges I would say go with it. If you plan to ever use a core system, go with Arges. Dollar for dollar, I feel like I get better value out of go light.

Most of your concerns though are really something only you can figure out as it is your personal situation. Go with what you feel like you'd like the best and roll with it. Both have good warranties so even if you have an issue it will be taken care of.

my golight has this issue where the light turns off as I’m slewing right. Doesn’t happen all the time but does happen frequently which is another reason why I’m looking at the alternatives. I guess I’ll drink on it and see what I come up with haha thanks for your input.

May 28, 2010
Loveland, Ohio
I've had dual Whelen Arges mounted on my FD Tahoe for over a year. Quite frankly, they are excellent as both spotlights and "sweep" warning. We've have a brutal winter and covered in ice and snow-worked every time. And these may be the most affective moving/intersection "warning" lights I've used as far as the response from the public.

iamjavimartinez

Jan 7, 2015
I've had dual Whelen Arges mounted on my FD Tahoe for over a year. Quite frankly, they are excellent as both spotlights and "sweep" warning. We've have a brutal winter and covered in ice and snow-worked every time. And these may be the most affective moving/intersection "warning" lights I've used as far as the response from the public.

thanks for your input. Do you know how light output compares to the Unity pillar mounted spotlights?

Bobcat753

Mar 9, 2014
Mass
The Arges is a truly amazing light. So many different things can be done with it and the light output is really good too. As for comparing to a unity I believe they are very different in output. The unity is just a spot light and only has a spot beam, the Arges is both a flood and spot light.

iamjavimartinez

Jan 7, 2015
Agreed! But comparing spotlight to spotlight? I know my questions might be ridiculous but either option is pricey. Just trying to do my research which is difficult due to the lack of info from whelen. You’d think, for a $800 item, they’d have LOTS of videos on it. Or maybe some of the bigger installers would. But there’s very little out there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.