The Best Response Video Thread

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
What a chase... And wow, how bare is the traffic on those streets. The copper does good with keeping up with the car when he blacks out.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
SomeBloke said:
This is a "Blue light" training course for non-police. (Read EVOC for EMS/Fire)

Kinda funny... My initial EVOC training was watching about an hour worth of video and taking a 50 question written test... boom, you're good to drive lol....

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
SomeBloke said:
Time to wade in with some across pond stuff.

"Wailer is on again..." Waving to people as thanks for yielding to the blue lights...this British stuff cracks me up.

Having said that, I think I might try narrating my next run by talking out loud about the hazards I'm seeing and how I'm addressing them. I think that will have two benefits: helping to avoid tunnel vision/driving to the siren, and be good practice for demonstrating to my next rookie how to properly run code.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Take a look at this. According to the description, this was on 29 Dec 2012.

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm not sure of the exact number (70lbs perhaps?), but once the air in the tanks drops below a certain pressure, it will automatically cut out the air horn, and whatever else is non essential (air ride seats for example)

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
bfd740 said:
Best, worst, whatever. This one deserves a place somewhere although I'm sure someone will say it belongs in the worst thread.

Welcome to the city.

dawson75

May 20, 2010
OHIO
NERT11 said:
I'm not sure of the exact number (70lbs perhaps?), but once the air in the tanks drops below a certain pressure, it will automatically cut out the air horn, and whatever else is non essential (air ride seats for example)

Yea , but why take it to that point?

That was just insanely stupid , Nevermind the people walking on the sidewalk inches from the truck. ( Im sure there is a sticker in the cab that even tells the occupants to wear hearing protection. Well , what about the pedestrian?)

May 27, 2013
NY
Wow that FDNY truck was so stupid.

I have never seen an FDNY truck respond like that. I must say I've seen a few vids on here where someone is sitting on the Q siren and never lets it wind down and I've never seen that with an FDNY truck either. They seem pretty conservative most of the time. This vid is horrible. What did they think was going to happen they'd move all the cars like that? They should have come down a 2 way street and not a one way with traffic. Dum dums.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
bfd740 said:

I have to disagree with this video. Chauffeur was driving pretty fast, even the tillerman thought that at the beginning, also saw one or two red lights he never stopped or slowed down at.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
That video just reenforces my desire to drive a tiller. Don't know that I'd want to do it on a regular basis, but at least once.

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
foxtrot5 said:
That video just reenforces my desire to drive a tiller. Don't know that I'd want to do it on a regular basis, but at least once.

I greatly enjoyed this video too. Often I wondered if these steered backwards and now that I see one in action realize that would just be plain crazy. E One didn't produce a tiller in the 5+ years I was there. They did however build a truck for FDNY after 9/11 and tried to donate it to them. Rumor has it that it was turned down because FDNY only supports and uses union built equipment.

DOH!

:bonk:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Torpedo said:
I greatly enjoyed this video too. Often I wondered if these steered backwards and now that I see one in action realize that would just be plain crazy. E One didn't produce a tiller in the 5+ years I was there. They did however build a truck for FDNY after 9/11 and tried to donate it to them. Rumor has it that it was turned down because FDNY only supports and uses union built equipment.

DOH!

:bonk:
That's not true. FDNY had an 1996 E-One engine that they moved around and was evaluated. Also, all the Rescue Companies before the Ferraras took over were all E-One/ Saulsburys. Maybe they turned it down because it could not pass pump quals, that was the same for the Luverne that was donated to them, it was turned into the Funeral Caisson.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Then what is the point of telling people to move right for emergency vehicles...... There is not any bumper to bumper traffic on the opposing side and no raised or divided median.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.