eLightbars Reviewer

May 3, 2013
eLightbars USA
Product Name: Apollo Series

Manufacturer: Feniex Industries

Model Number: Not Available

Link to manufacturer: Feniex Industries Website

Review Type: Prototype/Pre-production

Product Description: The unit being reviewed is a wide-angle surface mount lighthead.

Testing Process: The testing of this pre-production model was basic. The units were powered up for around 30 minutes.

Rating (1= Lowest Score & 10= Highest Score)

• Durability/Feel: 9
  • Performance: 8
  • Usefulness: 9.5
  • Innovation: 7
  • Appearance: 9
  • Price: 8.5
  • Features: Not Applicable on Prototype Unit

In-depth Description:
    Feniex Industries is soon to release the Apollo Series. Among this series is a surface mount lighthead that allows for up to a 180° viewing angle. The unit has a nice solid feel to it, and sports a very attractive look. If mounted to a flat surface, it will protrude out further than a Cobra T-6, but this is to allow for the wider viewing angles. The new optics offer great off-axis viewing, and the "side window" improves on that. The unit we used for testing didn't yet have a flasher built-in, but we hooked it to an external flasher for the purpose of recording a demo video.

About this review:
    We have some more reviewing to do and a short time in which to keep these prototypes, so we wanted to get people's initial reaction while we finish up the review. If you have questions, ask away, we'll add much more content to this over the course of the next few days. Here is what we plan to add:

Comparison video with Cobra T-6
  • Comparison photos with Cobra T-6
  • Size Specification
  • Outdoor Video Demo
  • Dual Color Mode
  • ...and more

Q & A:

Does it support Dual Color?

Yes, the unit offers dual color options.

Does this light have modes (similar to the Cannon)?

Yes, it supports 2 modes. Mode 2 will override mode 1.

What product lines will include this type of optic?

Surface mount lightheads, interior lightbars, light sticks, and dash lights.

...more will be added soon

apollo_wm.jpg

apollo2_wm.jpg

About the Video:

As most are aware, video rarely does any justice for this type of application. Without the "perfect setup" of equipment and backdrop, lighting products are not always displayed at their full potential.

Video Demonstration:

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I sincerely hope the light was run for a week straight with a garden hose spraying it for a week on a shake table to get the "9" for durability..

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I wonder when they will come out with ones that can be mounted outside the vehicle? I stick would be cool that could also function as a flood light

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Eric1249 said:
I wonder when they will come out with ones that can be mounted outside the vehicle? I stick would be cool that could also function as a flood light

this is a surface mount light they reviewed, where would you surface mount a light inside?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Eric1249 said:

They are saying its possible in a couple months. I'd expect them around the end of the year.

7d9_z28 said:
this is a surface mount light they reviewed, where would you surface mount a light inside?

Side window attached to cages.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I understand that I suppose, but I dont think this particular lighthead would be most effective inside.

Reactions: Station 3

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
7d9_z28 said:

I realize this light can only be mounted inside. That is why I questioned when they will make one for the outside.

mm2k5

Jan 7, 2012
Southern Missouri
Eric1249 said:
I realize this light can only be mounted inside. That is why I questioned when they will make one for the outside.

I'm sure this is somewhere in between a prototype and full production. The exterior one will need a few more changes to make it waterproof. I would say by the end of the year for sure.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
runesson said:
Can someone with one of these available for closeup inspection tell if they are labeled with the SAE-certification? Can´t tell from photos online.

Here is the sae document

SAEJ595 Certification.pdf

Attachments

• SAEJ595 Certification.pdf
    313 bytes · Views: 111

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I'm sure there is a lab report somewhere... but i don't have it lol

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
cvvfdjones said:
Will there be a Red/Amber version available?

According to my sources, yes. Pretty much all the normal colors (Red/Blue/Amber/White) can be mixed, except green. Don't believe green will be available, at least not right away. The exterior mount units should be available for pre-order starting tomorrow, and will hopefully begin shipping by the middle of the month.

Davisnet28

Sep 3, 2012
Clinton ma
I just got my Apollo Interior Bar in on Saturday.

The packaging is awesome, Well packed for safe shipping.

This is one bright bar and lightheads

The 2 mode feature is great.

My only complaint I have with mine (Tahoe Brackets) is that all the wires and motherboard are all exposed on the top and when looking straight on you can see the wires in the back.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Davisnet28 said:
I just got my Apollo Interior Bar in on Saturday.

The packaging is awesome, Well packed for safe shipping.

This is one bright bar and lightheads

The 2 mode feature is great.

My only complaint I have with mine (Tahoe Brackets) is that all the wires and motherboard are all exposed on the top and when looking straight on you can see the wires in the back.

Did you get a dual color? Could you possibly make a video of the patterns? I am debating getting the Apollo.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Davisnet28 said:

I think with most interior bars (certainly the Pinnacle, Pegasus & others) they're going to be exposed/open on top. Doing so allows the bar to be seated higher against the headliner, and when in place there isn't any more opportunity for stuff to get into them than on a closed top bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.